Name and shame - "Wonder Detail"

Lexx

im not normally one for naming and shaming.

However this is a case where I cant keep quiet about it.

As some of you may have read, the local council managed cover the rear of my Zed in many flecks of Blue Paint.

They admitted liability, and as such, they agreed to pay for me to get a professional detailer to complete the work.

So I arranged with a local detailer (http://www.wonderdetail.co.uk/) to remove the paint, and also to perform a full detail on the car ready to have the car protected for the winter.

I was given a price of £330 all in, and that it would take 2 days.

BigPhil kindly offered me the use of his shop, so that it could all be performed under cover so that the weather wouldn't affect the work.

I returned to collect my car yesterday (the detailer had already left), and I did an inspection of the work.

A list of what I found wrong is below, followed by a set of pics.

1. Rear carpet not hovered/cleaned,

2. Interior Glass still dirty,

3. carpets behind seats not cleaned,

4. Bottom of sills still very dirty,

5. Interior Door jams not fully cleaned (or not cleaned at all in the case of the boot),

6. Inside of petrol cap not cleaned,

7. Maring from the clay still left on the rear lights,

8. Underside of rear spoiler not cleaned at all,

9. Inside of key locks still dirty,

10. Inside of wheels still completely filthy.

11. Exhaust exits still marred and dirty.

Photo0078.jpg

Photo0080.jpg

Photo0081.jpg

Photo0082.jpg

Photo0083.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

Photo0085.jpg

Photo0087.jpg

Photo0089.jpg

Photo0090.jpg

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0092.jpg

Photo0093.jpg

Photo0094.jpg

Photo0095.jpg

Photo0097.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look good. As you say it doesn't even seem like they opened the rear hatch otherwise they would have cleaned where it overlaps. Under the front of the front bumper I can see could be missed but the rest not for that sort of money.

Your car should be sparkling. Might be worth popping over to Detailing World and see if anyone there know of the dealer / has had similar problems

Wonder detail as in 'Stevie Wonder'.

Or "Wonder what Im paying you for!?!"

Not loving that one bro :blush:

I'll try to improve my comedy going forward :(

:lol:

Really crap job.. you'd have been better taking it to some polish blokes at an abandoned petrol station for £7!

Your car should be sparkling. Might be worth popping over to Detailing World and see if anyone there know of the dealer / has had similar problems

Definately enquire at Detailing World. I'm sure they are on there.

How did he get on with the blue paint removal?

This is the most important bit.

What did you pay for exactly? What does a full detail consist of? Full correction and protection?

Does seem like they have been rushed and not done a full job. Quite shocking as most of the guys on DW are very proud of their work and are pretty anal when it comes to getting things right

:surrender:

very poor. Name and shame on detailingworld to

+1 Might have taken the view that you are not paying so gave you a sub standard job. ;)

If thats the case then he shouldnt have taken it on. I am very dissapointed that a member of DW would make such schoolboy mistakes, the work on their is usually top notch.

I would defiantely tell them that you are going to post on DW and see what they say. It will certainly tarnish their rep ;)

Definately enquire at Detailing World. I'm sure they are on there.

How did he get on with the blue paint removal?

This is the most important bit.

What did you pay for exactly? What does a full detail consist of? Full correction and protection?

Does seem like they have been rushed and not done a full job. Quite shocking as most of the guys on DW are very proud of their work and are pretty anal when it comes to getting things right

:surrender:

He certainly wasn't rushed, the car was in very good condition to start with as Alex does look after it, hardly any swirls in the paint.

The big problem was lack of attention to detail, the list of work Alex asked for from the guys own menu was mostly ignored.

After spending almost two hours washing the car the wheels, arches, underside of sills were not touched at all. The dirt in the arches and on the wheels was hidden by using a self gloss spray.

Alex's girlfriend ran her hand over one part of the arch and her hand was covered in muck.

The boot was never lifted to clean and dry the shuts, same with door shuts, these were not even washed just wiped with a rag.

I have never seen such a small amount of wax applied to a car with only the exposed flat surfaces treated, none of the areas such as underside of the spoiler, door shuts, sills etc got anything at all.

Cleaning of the interior consisted of a spray of the seats with an armoural type product to make them shiny, no cleaning and certainly no feed applied to the leather, carpets hoovered without moving the seats, no glass cleaned no plastics to the dash or door panels even wiped.

Arrived late on both days and left early, didn't even put a full day in, and still went off for lunch.

I was shocked to say the least.

He certainly wasn't rushed, the car was in very good condition to start with as Alex does look after it, hardly any swirls in the paint.

The big problem was lack of attention to detail, the list of work Alex asked for from the guys own menu was mostly ignored.

After spending almost two hours washing the car the wheels, arches, underside of sills were not touched at all. The dirt in the arches and on the wheels was hidden by using a self gloss spray.

Alex's girlfriend ran her hand over one part of the arch and her hand was covered in muck.

The boot was never lifted to clean and dry the shuts, same with door shuts, these were not even washed just wiped with a rag.

I have never seen such a small amount of wax applied to a car with only the exposed flat surfaces treated, none of the areas such as underside of the spoiler, door shuts, sills etc got anything at all.

Cleaning of the interior consisted of a spray of the seats with an armoural type product to make them shiny, no cleaning and certainly no feed applied to the leather, carpets hoovered without moving the seats, no glass cleaned no plastics to the dash or door panels even wiped.

Arrived late on both days and left early, didn't even put a full day in, and still went off for lunch.

Thanks for that Phil, certainly does shed a lot of light on what went on. It is truely shocking how half assed that detail was. I was my mums old beater better than that! It sounds more like a job your local car park car was people would do!

Did he machine polish any of it?

I'd say get on DW and name and shame on there, what he did was truely shocking for the money that you have paid, and I would have expected more from even a novice detailer :surrender:

Thanks for that Phil, certainly does shed a lot of light on what went on. It is truely shocking how half assed that detail was. I was my mums old beater better than that! It sounds more like a job your local car park car was people would do!

Did he machine polish any of it?

I'd say get on DW and name and shame on there, what he did was truely shocking for the money that you have paid, and I would have expected more from even a novice detailer :surrender:

Yes the car was machined and he did a fair job of that but as I said it really didn't need much in that respect, he himself said the paint was in good nick.

The big dissapointment on the bodywork was the the lack of in your face shine, certainly with the GTR sitting behind it (which has not had a polish yet) the shine difference was significant.

Im actually just about to go post up on DW now.

Despite me informing him of this, he really doesnt seem to care and has threatened me with court proceedings if I refuse to pay. Muppet.

With regards to the blue paint. This was removed, and was the only part of his service I was actually happy with.

My thanks go to Phil for looking after my car and keeping an eye on the detailer, as god alone knows how bad the job would have been otherwise.

Im still rather furious with all this. He even had the nerve to offer only £15 off the total quote, as the bits he has missed will only take him 30 mins to correct.

THEY SHOULDNT NEED CORRECTING IN THE FIRST PLACE!

(sorry for shouting)

Despite me informing him of this, he really doesnt seem to care and has threatened me with court proceedings if I refuse to pay. Muppet.

With regards to the blue paint. This was removed, and was the only part of his service I was actually happy with.

My thanks go to Phil for looking after my car and keeping an eye on the detailer, as god alone knows how bad the job would have been otherwise.

Im still rather furious with all this. He even had the nerve to offer only £15 off the total quote, as the bits he has missed will only take him 30 mins to correct.

(sorry for shouting)

Feel for you mate, I really do. I know how much care you take looking after your car, and you should be safe in giving it to a DW member as they are generally very very good. I just hope others on here and there learn from this and dont use him. I cant beleive he isnt even remorsful over what hes done.

Have you had the car under some decent lighting to check out that theres no swirls, marring, hologramming etc? Would hate to hear he had inflicted defects onto the paint :headhurt:

(sorry for shouting)

Take the court option Alex you have three witnesses here to verify what was done and we would have no hesitation in defending you.