Name and shame - "Wonder Detail"

Lexx

Im actually just about to go post up on DW now.

Despite me informing him of this, he really doesnt seem to care and has threatened me with court proceedings if I refuse to pay. Muppet.

With regards to the blue paint. This was removed, and was the only part of his service I was actually happy with.

My thanks go to Phil for looking after my car and keeping an eye on the detailer, as god alone knows how bad the job would have been otherwise.

Im still rather furious with all this. He even had the nerve to offer only £15 off the total quote, as the bits he has missed will only take him 30 mins to correct.

THEY SHOULDNT NEED CORRECTING IN THE FIRST PLACE!

(sorry for shouting)

I wouldn't pay him a penny until he has completed the job you aked him to........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im actually just about to go post up on DW now.

Despite me informing him of this, he really doesnt seem to care and has threatened me with court proceedings if I refuse to pay. Muppet.

With regards to the blue paint. This was removed, and was the only part of his service I was actually happy with.

My thanks go to Phil for looking after my car and keeping an eye on the detailer, as god alone knows how bad the job would have been otherwise.

Im still rather furious with all this. He even had the nerve to offer only £15 off the total quote, as the bits he has missed will only take him 30 mins to correct.

THEY SHOULDNT NEED CORRECTING IN THE FIRST PLACE!

(sorry for shouting)

Feel for you mate, I really do. I know how much care you take looking after your car, and you should be safe in giving it to a DW member as they are generally very very good. I just hope others on here and there learn from this and dont use him. I cant beleive he isnt even remorsful over what hes done.

Have you had the car under some decent lighting to check out that theres no swirls, marring, hologramming etc? Would hate to hear he had inflicted defects onto the paint :headhurt:

Ive had a good lok over the paintwork, and luckily it seems the only marring has been done on the light clusters. some SRP has sorted that out.

Well that was successful - NOT!

Post on DW has basically resulted in me being flamed for Airing on a Public Forum, as his work is always so good, blah blah blah.

Where else are you meant to air your opinions?? :angry:

+1.

Reading on DW it seems he has "reasons" for why it wasnt up to par, so I think he needs to explain these to you (maybe family problems or whatever) and come back and sort it properly. I'm fair if someone gives reasons for mistakes, but from what you posted on here, he didnt seem to care.

Post on DW has basically resulted in me being flamed for Airing on a Public Forum, as his work is always so good, blah blah blah.

+1.

Reading on DW it seems he has "reasons" for why it wasnt up to par, so I think he needs to explain these to you (maybe family problems or whatever) and come back and sort it properly. I'm fair if someone gives reasons for mistakes, but from what you posted on here, he didnt seem to care.

I was given absolutaly no reasons as to why the job was so half arsed done.

Im half tempted to post the email exchange between me and him - however I know that would be going too far.

+1.

Im half tempted to post the email exchange between me and him - however I know that would be going too far.

Whatever he says you have first hand witnesses.

+1.

Yeah I'm trying to carefully craft a post where it states you are not just out to diss him and you have your reasons you beleive he just wasnt interested in sorting it out, but I think I'll just get flamed for being a n00b!

Some people are sticking up for ya though bud :thumbs:

+1.

Yeah I'm trying to carefully craft a post where it states you are not just out to diss him and you have your reasons you beleive he just wasnt interested in sorting it out, but I think I'll just get flamed for being a n00b!

Some people are sticking up for ya though bud :thumbs:

Aye, I knew it wouldnt be all against me!

Thanks for the effort, but dont worry abotu posting. No sense you getting grief too.

Well we aint going to "win" on there!

Lexx - I think you now see why he did not to a top notch job, which is to be fair a pretty valid excuse, and should just draw a line under it. He should have phoned and told you he had stuff on his plate, but didnt, and now we're getting flamed for dissing him. I think it best to say that you've settled it and draw a line under it.

At least he did a good job of the machining B)

I have requested that the thread now be removed

and have sent a personal email to Paul regarding it all.

Ah well

At least after all that faf, you know why it wasnt up to par. Just very unfortunate circumstances.

All sorted :thumbs:

+1.

ooooh post up the link I wanna join :snack:

I just had a read through the thread and to be fair it seems as though Paul had personal problems. I dont know how you were to know that Lexx but at the end of the day, he should have done the job right in the first place. If his problems were that bad he should have arranged for someone else to carry out the work. TBH they seem like a bunch of Wan*ers on DW and i absolutely hate it when people are branded as noobs because of their post count.

Hope it all works out Lexx. Think the thread is locked now anyway.

I just had a read through the thread and to be fair it seems as though Paul had personal problems. I dont know how you were to know that Lexx but at the end of the day, he should have done the job right in the first place. If his problems were that bad he should have arranged for someone else to carry out the work. TBH they seem like a bunch of Wan*ers on DW and i absolutely hate it when people are branded as noobs because of their post count.

what does noobs stand for? In my opinion anyone who spends over 8 hours detailing a car and enjoys it needs help :wacko::blush:

what does noobs stand for? In my opinion anyone who spends over 8 hours detailing a car and enjoys it needs help :wacko::blush:

Newbie (also said as nooby or newby) is a slang term for a newcomer to online gaming or an Internet activity. It can also be used for any other activity in whose context a somewhat clueless newcomer could exist. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgement.

(from wikipedia) Its the sort of language people who play world of warcraft all day use! :lol: