what made you fall for the Zed?

nixy

Just wondering what attracted you to the Zed? I saw a Zed for the first time in a car park and thought wow - I'd never seen one before in the flesh. A woman got in it and started it up - once I'd heard the noise as she drove off I knew I would have one eventually and started plotting! For me its the perfect combination of looks and power whereas in the past it's usually been one or the other with cars I've owned.

Saw one in the dealer's showroom, hadn't seen one before as I had never taken much notice of nissan's, had a 5 series BMW at the time. Went in and arranged a test drive, let me have it for the day. My heart overtook my head and ordered one, had to wait 5 months though. Then had to go out and buy a Punto as I still needed something with 4 seats.

:oops: never answered Nixy's question. The sound, the drive and the fact that everyone I past looked and admired the car, I thought this is the one for me.

I had been aware of the Zed through reading Autocar etc. but thought that it would be too expensive so paid little attention. For a while after that I was considering an RX8, and I don't even think that I actually saw a Zed in the flesh. Then, en route to visit my daughter in Brisbane in 2004, I saw a gleaming black Z with a few nice mods on it in Singapore. It looked and sounded stunning and I vowed thereafter that I would have one. It took a couple of years but eventually I managed it. :thumbs::D

The V6 tone.

The roadster is quite an ugly car, but you can hear the engine note perfectly when you drop the roof and that makes up for it. I guess the only other thing that attracted me to the Zed was the price, as it's ridiculous when you look at what you get.

The V6 tone.

I guess the only other thing that attracted me to the Zed was the price, as it's ridiculous when you look at what you get.

I know exactly what you mean - before i knew anything about the car I assumed it would be in a price bracket beyond me and just a wish!

I loved it when it first appeared (despite what Clarkson said) but at the time I was too you to afford it so the Z spent a long time out of my mind.

Then recently I started looking to change car and as you don't see many about I didn't think about one until a random flick through auto trader showed me that it was within budget. Popped to the Nissan garage, turned the key in the ignition and I was sold!!

I had always like them but thought they were a bit of an old mans car :blush: Strangley I had a dream involving one, woke up got an insurance quote on one & within a month had bought one :lol:

Well I dreamt of Scarlett johanson so fingers crossed

Dont think so, im still waiting for Jennifer Aniston :cloud9:

Loved the looks of the Zed when they ran the TV ads but wasn't in a position to buy one. Some time later things changed - brought home a report on the car, which I showed my eldest son. The next day he rang me and said guess what I'm standing next to in the Stealers - its f***ing awesome. Went & had a short test drive & 4 months later she was delivered. To this day 4 years on still love the looks but also the sound & power. :D:D:teeth::D:D