Whats the WORST thing about your 350Z

Pimm

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESP is turned on by default... it comes in to early, makes you look like you missed a gear off the lights!!

A lot of this is down to tyres in my opinion. My TC rarely kicks in. I don't drive like Lewis Hamilton and never take part in traffic light grand prixs however I don't drive like my granny either!

ESP is turned on by default... it comes in to early

Which it will do because it as to cater for the inexperienced driver ;)

No problem in just switching it off, i rather like the idea its on by default and lets face it if you bent your zed because you forgot it was off by default, you would be blaming Nissan. ;)

ESP is turned on by default... it comes in to early

Which it will do because it as to cater for the inexperienced driver ;)

No problem in just switching it off, i rather like the idea its on by default and lets face it if you bent your zed because you forgot it was off by default, you would be blaming Nissan. ;)

True, I'm no stig nor do I drive it like it's stolen, just does seem to come in more than i've noticed on other cars... things like off camber bends and fast turn in etc, probably a good thing really ;)

Worst things about my car ...

#1 - by a mile - everybody wants to race you on the road, I'm thinking of getting a sign made up telling tailgaters I'm not going to race them, and that they consider instead sex and travel.

#2 - that's it :) I'm a new enough owner that I'm still in honeymoon-mode! :throb:

On an 08 Model...

Noisy clutch thrust bearing on idle.....really embarrassing...and weird clutch operation (still better than prev models)

Poor paint work...

Some so and so plastics...(i was used to Italian plastics so quite happy with it!)

Exhaust note could be a bit more distinctive...

Sat-Nav has no post code entry...and i cant shut the bitch up without canceling the route guidance...

But the worst of all......needs 50-100 more BHP....it could handle it easily.....

:rant::rant::rant:

it costs so damn much to turbo or super charge it :rant: ....and i so want it :rant:

Paul

Dream CustomZ

It really doesn't :surrender:

i know when i look back and add up that ive spent £15k on the car then i could have stuck probably 3 super chargers on it but i am at the stage now that another 5K would be over stepping the mark :lol:

Guest prescience
it costs so damn much to turbo or super charge it :rant: ....and i so want it :rant:

Paul

Dream CustomZ

i know when i look back and add up that ive spent £15k on the car then i could have stuck probably 3 super chargers on it but i am at the stage now that another 5K would be over stepping the mark :lol:

Good man :thumbs: but don't let the wannabes astray :D

crappy standard exhaust note

-ho

I know it can be bettered with aftermarket exhausts, but I think as standard it still sounds damn sexy! :surrender:

+2 Really surprised at that comment.

It is crap after you've had an aftermarket zorst :)

Its not as good but I don't agree its crap. Having followed Mike down from the Cat & Fiddle last year it hit home to me that it actually sounds great from outside but just lacks the volume to appreciate it inside. Like everything else its subjective, I suppose. :)

+1

+2 I remember when i first got the car..........oh the noise B)

But even better with the nismo ;)

i can quite honestly say that ive never ever thought the standard noise was good enough...the noise it creates just doesn't excite me at all especially when pushing it. so for now im not... it does have a nice tone but the volume on it, is about 10db too quiet for the way the car looks...a 350z passed me the other day doing 30mph... i recognised the tone so i looked... i heard it for literally 1 second...so it was the biggest disappointment for me....

as sarnie rightly says tho... i'm currently on oem after having the 5zigen on my car for 2-3 months so i probably have noticed the contrast alot more than most.

-ho

Paul

Dream CustomZ

:lol: i have no clue what that means :lol:

Paul

Dream CustomZ

:lol: i have no clue what that means :lol:

:lol: me neither, Dorians on the :drunk::lol:

Paint quality.

A no-brainer for me this....its far too lardy. I would give anything to make my Zed 250kg lighter. If Nissan could develop a Zed that weighs around 1250kg it would be approx 1000 times more awesome than it is now. :teeth:

Craig.

But then it would make it a 200SX, lol well almost. When you look at the comparitive weight of our cars as apposed to other brands their not too bad, it would be much heavier if there weren't as many aluminum parts as there are. It's light compared to the lardy R35 that most are drooling over.

Worst handbrake ever!

Oh, gee, soooooo + 1!!!!!

Agree with many of the things said here, obviously the car remains awesome, but it would be great to see Nissan bring out a more focussed version.

Loads of other manufacturers have managed it.....Renault Trophie / Focus RS / Type RR / Lambo Super....cant spell it / even the special addition Boxster.

Ingredients would be simple, cut the weight, little lower, bigger brakes.

anyone from Nissan on the Forum?!