Hi - I'm New

Hi,

I just picked up my first 350z last Friday. I was looking for a while and found pretty much what i was after, i live not far from reading.

I got a 54 plate 350z GT in gunmetal with the alezean leather, a few options on it and only 32k miles.

Not looking to mod it for a long time. I am interested in taking it on a track day, may be near the back end of this year, or begining of next year, something nice and quiet as i have never done one before and want to start off slowly.

So far i am averaging about 25mpg, mix of motorway and A roads, taking it easy and pushing it a bit (aircon on and off - its a bit warm these last few days). accoring to the computer it looks like it will do about 370miles to the tank which cost me about £70 to fill on premium. can anyone tell me if these figures stack up with averages?

Thats me ?:~)

:welcome:

I said I wasnt gunna mod mine either - I last 5 days!

Yup, those figures sound familiar. Though tbh, I stopped working it out! I had an RX8 before, so all I know is this is more eco. But dont really care.

Oh, and :worthless:

:welcome:

Hi and welcome. As a newbie myself I can vouch for how good the info from this forum is and help is always offered willingly. I am down in Southampton with my gm zed so not far from you.

Btw, Lexx isn't alone, I wasn't going to mod mine either........... lasted a week!!

i have heard about the ariel, and thought maybe, is there any difference in reception with it or is it just because its short?

also will probably fit the alloy kick plates sometime, but dont want to mess with the engine.

Welcome to the forum bud. We are just kicking off what I hope is a series of trackdays with tuition. First one is at Silverstone. Hopefully the tuition will show what the zed can achieve without finding out the hard way.

Pop along to one and meet up with a few members amd get a feel for it. :D

Welcome to the forum,

i did my first trackday not too long ago, got on ok, there was set overtaking rules so not 'too' much danger of accidents, no one drove like an idiot and all overtook on straights (almost)

My zed was completely stock (other than a Tim 'The Shirt' Lomoto Stubby Aerial), performed really well other than melting the rear parking sensors on the exhaust, which is now fixed, if you need any advice just put a question in the Track Days section :thumbs: