Hello Club

Hi Guys,

Been milling about the forums for a little while now picking up what info I can on the infamous 350s. Hopefully will be picking up a GM 04' GT UK Z on friday, and yes I will post picks for the nosey ones amongst you as soon as I can :p

I was going to wait until I had something more tangible to show you, but as im stuck at work on an IT call out, thought I'd put this overtime to some good sue and say hello!

One more thing... presuming some of you might say hello, I thought it might be fun (and educational for me) to replace the usual "welcome, where the pictures?" with a nugget of 350z information that I probably wouldn't know about yet... something to aid with my soon to be Z ownership or just a bit of Z pub trivia to baboozle my mates over a pint of nectar.

p.s Live in high wycombe, if anyone else is local?

:welcome: to Z :cloud9:;)

1. The bonnet is aluminum, the nose, the bumper, the A pillar, the sills are plastic, the rest is metal, hence the slight difference in colour, paint reaction. ;)

2. The rear subframe is aluminum also, and the bushes are pressed into the subframe.

3. Check out the wonky 2004 oil stick for a laugh. :lol:

:welcome: to Z :cloud9:;)

1. The bonnet is aluminum, the nose, the bumper, the A pillar, the sills are plastic, the rest is metal, hence the slight difference in colour, paint reaction. ;)

2. The rear subframe is aluminum also, and the bushes are pressed into the subframe.

3. Check out the wonky 2004 oil stick for a laugh. :lol:

And on the roadster the boot is also plastic.

listen for clicking from the rear drive shafts

the rear driveshafts are carbon fibre

:welcome:

The driveshaft is CF. The individual to the rears are not to the best of my knowledge.

Wiper-sprayers are built into the wipers themselves if you hadn't already noticed.

Lifted from another site:

Bonnet, suspension and engine aluminium.

Steering wheel Inner core is magnesium. Energy-absorbing interior steering column compresses during frontal impacts

Hood is built to buckle at predetermined points.

In frontal impacts, the engine is designed to drop down and away from the passenger compartment.

The driveshaft is designed to collapse, further helping reduce risk of injury.

The glovebox behind the passenger seat has a false floor for hiding stuff under. :thumbs: Hello :)

Its that secret I did not know about that Must take a look in a bit :blush:

Me too!

:welcome:

Only one mod gives you more power - a plenum spacer. All the rest just look and sound nice, until you get to turbo/supercharger/new ecu territory.

This is fantastic.. some stuff that is great to know! Im glad its educational for others too!

Keep the nuggets of knowledge coming... I'm getting an idea of who the real Z fans are now ;)

I must admit...the GM did feel faster than the Kuro... :D

Thanks for the warm welcome so far.. Cheered me up no end (still stuck at the office from last night! zzzz....)

This is fantastic.. some stuff that is great to know! Im glad its educational for others too!

Keep the nuggets of knowledge coming... I'm getting an idea of who the real Z fans are now ;)

I must admit...the GM did feel faster than the Kuro... :D

Thanks for the warm welcome so far.. Cheered me up no end (still stuck at the office from last night! zzzz....)

Hiya Deox. Me again. Sorry yes it was me that pipped you to the post of that Z in Hempel Hempstead. :blush: Looks like you got one anyway so both newbies to the Z Club :yahoo:

saz, picking mine up on friday hopefully... seem stuck at work all hours at the mo... erg.. 5am now seems little point going home to come back again so thought I check the forums!

Am I right in thinking it was a Silver nismo you got? Hats off to you! Love the nismos, but been looking for a gun metal grey one for myself, cos that the fasted colour aparently ;)