Japfest 7th April 2024

andy james

• 2 weeks later...

Club passes still showing as sold out as of writing. Hopefully they free up more, as I've still never been and would love to come along to another club event.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/02/2024 at 12:41, Elliot Darling said:

Are we displaying at Classic Japfest in October? I typed in the club password and it seemed to work! Or do we need a new password for this separate event? 

I came to ask the same thing... Loved Retro Rides last year... but the Z wasnt old enough to get in... but it is for this one 🙂

Hey all, been out of the loop on this for a bit.  What time should we aim to be there?

Looks like the show kicks off at 1000 but can't see anything on the tickets for a time to enter when on a stand.

Ignore that.  Clearly I'm not awake!

It's 07:00 - 09:30

Edited by daveo132
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, daveo132 said:

Hey all, been out of the loop on this for a bit.  What time should we aim to be there?

Looks like the show kicks off at 1000 but can't see anything on the tickets for a time to enter when on a stand.

Ignore that.  Clearly I'm not awake!

It's 07:00 - 09:30

Some of us are normally there around 06:30 so we can get on the stand and start getting set up :thumbs:

• Like 1

On 01/02/2024 at 12:41, Elliot Darling said:

Are we displaying at Classic Japfest in October? I typed in the club password and it seemed to work! Or do we need a new password for this separate event? 

This show will definitely gain ground but unfortunately our old girls aren’t eligible.

Going to be my first time on the track, could anyone more experienced here help me figure out a couple of things?

1. What are my chances of being able to hire a helmet on the day for the 9am session? Japfest's only information on the matter is "limited number will be available from Silverstone, we advise you bring your own" which is super ambiguous. Does "limited" here mean more like 5 or more like 50? I would really prefer not to purchase a £400 certified helmet for a one-off 20 minutes session if it can be avoided.
  2. They say they require a printed piece of the driving license from the DVLA, but what about those of us with overseas licenses? Mine is a Full EEA license valid in the UK with over 10 years experience on it, but there is no paper counterpart to it, just the one plastic card. Never had a problem with it, but then again I've never been on track. Will they allow me on track at all?

6 hours ago, davey_83 said:

They'll be plenty of helmets available for hire, bring a balaclava. Valid card driving license will be fine too.

Pass on the left and enjoy 

Cheers Dave, I was about to buy a couple of second hand ones on eBay.

Idea of the hire cost, roughly?

1 hour ago, Cosmic73 said:

Cheers Dave, I was about to buy a couple of second hand ones on eBay.

Idea of the hire cost, roughly?

I've always brought my own lid so couldn't say for sure, maybe £20-£30 

3 hours ago, andy james said:

Just a quick note.

Anyone who has Track time booked come and see me when you arrive and I will make sure your in a position on the Club stand where you are not boxed in.

Will keep an eye out for you, thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, andy james said:

Just a quick note.

Anyone who has Track time booked come and see me when you arrive and I will make sure your in a position on the Club stand where you are not boxed in.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, currently in the process of seeing if I can sell my tickets to Adrian of Torqen but he won't want track time. 

My track time was 9:20, going if anyone wants 

• Like 1

On 23/03/2024 at 21:58, Plan370z said:

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, currently in the process of seeing if I can sell my tickets to Adrian of Torqen but he won't want track time. 

My track time was 9:20, going if anyone wants 

Thanks Brandon! 

43 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Brilliant club parking this year, best spot thus far 👌

Agreed. I did have a word but it maybe due to our previous commitment and the fact our stand is smaller than previous years.

• Like 1

Just now, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Sorry to hear that.

Have you sold your ticket? Let me know if not please. 

@SHEZZA got first dibs on it I'm afraid.

Hopefully someone else will have a spare ticket. Life can throw a spanner in the works at short notice so you never know 🤞

• Like 1