Japfest 7th April 2024

andy james

4 hours ago, daveo132 said:

Great turnout from us and the rest of the show.

I think I missed meeting almost everyone as I was late getting in. 

I got in the queue just after 0800 and it was 3 or 4 miles long, I think I was finally parked at 1030ish!

@davey_83 nice to meet you properly!

I only took a couple pics as I'm woefully out of practice and was just enjoying being out at a show again.

And you matey!!! Cheers for coming over to say hey 👋

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Humpy said:

Think the youth of today are not keen on forums or just don't know what they are 😂

Unfortunately I think your right. Everything these days either sends you to Discord or a Facebook group.....

3 hours ago, Humpy said:

Think the youth of today are not keen on forums or just don't know what they are 😂

Christ I’m feeling old right now as I thought you were the youth of today Steve!😂

• Haha 5

Brilliant day, long but brilliant! @andy james top work for arranging the club stand and being in the heart of the show was a nice treat. I was gutted to the issue unfold as you were parked next to me, hopefully safe and repaired without too much bother. 

On the interest matter forum v Facebook groups, we have both however it's a missed opportunity not to push meets and club stand interest on our 350z-UK Facebook group or on Car Calendar for example. I personally don't think the size of the club stand was bad in all honesty, it's the 2 or 3 club stands a year that makes folks look elsewhere for their car fix. No regional southern or northern meets, no meals out, no rolling roads days, no drive outs and thus folks will aligned with other car clubs that do make the effort to provide this.

As soon as members of our Facebook group see the below while looking for shows club stands and meets they're off elsewhere.

Screenshot_20240409-0744292.png.96903e57a4dfb15456f5355132e2c488.png

Edited by davey_83

On 08/04/2024 at 16:58, Humpy said:

I wouldn’t worry, Facebook is about as cool now as MySpace was 10 years ago and will be devoured by people watching roundabout drifting on TikTok lives any day now. It’s 60% neighbourhood watch groups for curtain twitchers and right wing nutters 😂

Such is the cycle of the generations!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A big thank you once again to Andy for organising Sunday, sorry to hear about your car hope it gets back on the road soon. Nice to see everyone i hope the guys staying at the onsite Hilton had a good weekend!!!

Once again thanks Andy and hopefully see you all next year, take care and keep Zedding!!!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Stutopia said:

I wouldn’t worry, Facebook is about as cool now as MySpace was 10 years ago and will be devoured by people watching roundabout drifting on TikTok lives any day now. It’s 60% neighbourhood watch groups for curtain twitchers and right wing nutters 😂

Such is the cycle of the generations!

Totally agree 👍

• Like 1