2023 Tyre Reviews

davey_83

Late however here we are, a spot to share any lovely 2023 tyre reviews

Michelin Pilot Sport 5 Vs it's rivals

Lad on the FB group treating his Z34 to a set of the good stuff

347280251_279732704405472_2219407309959239533_n.jpg.45eae5aa5f166b672bc4962ed13c18c1.jpg

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 4

I'm a proper Michelin fanboy to be honest. I have MPS4 on the 370Z, MPSS on the F82 M4, and MPS4S on the GLE400d. I will definitely be considering the MPS5 for the 370 when they need changing too. :)

• Like 1

On 16/05/2023 at 13:24, Lee370Z said:

I'm a proper Michelin fanboy to be honest. I have MPS4 on the 370Z, MPSS on the F82 M4, and MPS4S on the GLE400d. I will definitely be considering the MPS5 for the 370 when they need changing too. :)

I run the MPS5 on my MX5 track toy in winter and on the road, I can't fault them. This set have done about 5 track days and a few thousand miles and are still plenty grippy and legal. They do melt a bit on warm track days after a few fast laps and I have heard on heavier cars that they can get hot and worn pretty quick, not seen that for myself though.

• Like 1

Interesting video. 

I've never had Michelins so would've liked to try the PS5's next time, but sadly they aren't available in my rear size (305/30R19). 

The Goodyear's aren't either so I guess I'll be sticking with Conti!

Edited by Jack94

3 hours ago, Jack94 said:

Interesting video. 

I've never had Michelins so would've liked to try the PS5's next time, but sadly they aren't available in my rear size (305/30R19). 

The Goodyear's aren't either so I guess I'll be sticking with Conti!

I had an awful experience with the Conti sport contact 5 P on the GLE400d(rear tyres 325/35/22). The bloody things only lasted 3 months/6k miles! Bearing in mind that the car is 4WD as well. I couldn't get hold of the Pirelli P Zero that were on it originally(they lasted 20k miles), so that was how I ended up with the Contis. I've now got MPS4S on it and the Michelins are doing alright for wear up to yet, but it will be interesting to see how many miles I get out of them though. Hopefully they will do similar to the Pirellis. 

• 1 month later...

Not a review as such however I had read in a magazine article the CSC6 sat between the 4S and Cup2's for dry grip/lap time. The CSC7 however are again rather impressive, even with the handicap of a cooler track.

Edited by davey_83

• 3 weeks later...

Both great tyres with great wear resistance. 

I'll need some new MPS4s on my rears soon.

May try the continental when I need to change the full 4 in a couple of years.

As the MPS4S will almost be a 10 year old model by then and will probably get discontinued soon.

Hate having to replace a set of rears only to find  sourcing difficulties to match  the fronts coz they've been discontinued 

• Like 1

The MPSS5 will be out soon. I'm in a similar boat as I need rears for my 19's and recently bought some Continental SC6 to maintain the set. Come next time il look to move the the SC7 for the full set, however the fronts just don't wear out - still on 6mm so will no doubt age out before showing the wear bars. 

7 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

Both great tyres with great wear resistance. 

I'll need some new MPS4s on my rears soon.

May try the continental when I need to change the full 4 in a couple of years.

As the MPS4S will almost be a 10 year old model by then and will probably get discontinued soon.

Hate having to replace a set of rears only to find  sourcing difficulties to match  the fronts coz they've been discontinued 

Sometimes they keep making them though. I have MPSS on the F82 M4 and they are a 10 year old model next year, yet I didn't have any trouble getting hold of them in April this year for some new front tyres for it. So hopefully they will keep doing the MPS4S too. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, MONKEYSOCKS said:

Just been quoted £180 per tyre for mps5s on my 350z 18" tyres. Currently running mps4s but apparently mitchelin don't do the front tyres any more on the mps4s. Should I consider the Pirellis instead? Or go with the new mps5s? 

Just realised it's the mps5 tyres they've quoted me on, is there anything comparable to the mps4s tyres that I currently have? 

27 minutes ago, MONKEYSOCKS said:

Just realised it's the mps5 tyres they've quoted me on, is there anything comparable to the mps4s tyres that I currently have? 

Also just to say that I don't track the car, so guessing the mps5 tyres would still do the job very well?

11 hours ago, Lee370Z said:

From what I've read a lot of owners that have put MPS5 on their cars are very happy with them. :thumbs:

Yeah, I agonise over things when it comes to decisions for the 350z. But just gone ahead and ordered them to be fitted next week, I'm sure they'll do the job. 

• Like 1