R8 would you?

Tomato

On 20/12/2022 at 21:37, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Porsche produces a lot of good cars but they are much too expensive for me that is why my next Porsche will be bought via sca.auction in a week or so.

That sounds more than reasonable :) I guess that taking into account modern financial situation a lot of people will follow your example.

Edited by Joseph Memphis

Cheers guys I'll be sure to put up a new thread with pictures once I've collected it and got it home 😁

Ultimately I figured the R8 is a lot more car for the money and with the Audi extended warranty I shouldn't have to worry about expensive sudden failure from the magride, AC compressor etc. 

If the car roughly holds its value then the warranty cost won't be that different to the depreciation I would've lost on a 2 year old mustang, or so my man maths tells me 😂

Only downside is this means the zed has to go, which will be a sad moment because I've loved every moment of the 6 years ownership! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

I do love my Cayman but part of me keeps thinking that for the same money, I could buy a 350z and heavily modify her or even a 370z. Then again an Audi R8 could be nice too.

Im not actually sure that you could spend enough money to make a 350Z do what a Cayman or an R8 does.
Ive got much love for them but theres not a lot of comparison other than both have 2 seats, R8s and Caymans have a very well deserved reputation 👍

16 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Nice hope to see pics along with @Tomato new year new car and all that. 

Maybe 🤣 was at the Motorist this morning in Leeds chatting to some R8 owners who had a few other expensive cars in the past, the R8 running cost sound reasonable (well as reasonable as these types of cars can be!)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Great little vid if not seen before

Agreed. I've watched every video like this I could find.

The one from reperformance is also useful because it shows how to check the manual frunk (front trunk) release, which is pretty important seeing as the battery is in there and the bonnet has 3 latches...

8 hours ago, Tomato said:

Maybe 🤣 was at the Motorist this morning in Leeds chatting to some R8 owners who had a few other expensive cars in the past, the R8 running cost sound reasonable (well as reasonable as these types of cars can be!)

did you sign up to any R8 Talk forums? Seems to be the main one. 

• 1 month later...