350Z screen wash taking ages to fill

polaris

Hi, the black screen wash funnel fills up quickly and then slowly drops down (takes like 3 hours to fully empty) which I'm assuming is the fluid moving into the reservoir. Is it normal to take this long? As I understand, there's 2 5L reservoirs on each side so I would've thought it would be very quick to pour in and fill up.

Edited by polaris

What car do you have ? Oh and you live in Brighton !. Are you not attending Incarnation in Brighton this month on or stand ?

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Payco said:

What car do you have ? Oh and you live in Brighton !. Are you not attending Incarnation in Brighton this month on or stand ?

Hi mate, 2007 350Z GT in Ebisu Black. I just brought it last Friday. Apologies, I wasn't aware of any events going on. You got a link for more information?

Edited by polaris

• polaris changed the title to 350Z screen wash taking ages to fill
57 minutes ago, Payco said:

What car do you have ?

Never any need to apologise. Go to local  meets across the UK under the heading meets shows and events it’s in there as incarnation 

Edited by Payco

I've owned my 370Z for over a year now and it's now dawning on me that there's a separate reservoir for the rear screen! I wondered why the front is full and squirting freely and rear one is doing nothing!  

I really should read the handbook....

doh facepalm GIF by Andrew and Pete

Edited by Loadmaster

12 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

I've owned my 370Z for over a year now and it's now dawning on me that there's a separate reservoir for the rear screen! I wondered why the front is full and squirting freely and rear one is doing nothing!  

Is there ? 

Where is the filler ? ive never seen it.

13 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Are you 100% sure on that? I've owned my Nismo for two years now and have never once noticed another reservoir? And I've never had any issues with just topping up and the rear working? 

Genuinely intrigued 

@ShortPaul @Olly350z @Willsy1980

What was I talking about?! There is no rear washer reservoir (having checked the handbook yesterday eve)...!!

Sorry guys, I wasn't pushing the wiper stalk forward to get the rear squirter working, just turning the end of the stalk like how it operates on my other cars!  

Double DOH!  I'll get me coat.... 😬

Edited by Loadmaster
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

What was I talking about?! There is no rear washer reservoir (having checked the handbook yesterday eve)...!!

Sorry guys, I wasn't pushing the wiper stalk forward to get the rear squirter working, just turning the end of the stalk like how it operates on my other cars!  

:lol:

Phew! Thought I was losing my mind. Been over every inch of the car and never found one. 

3 hours ago, Payco said:

Should have gone for the easy fix like I did and do the rear wiper delete. Lol..

I did consider that mod last year as that wiper is a big old thing and certainly looks better without it.

However, it's just too useful in our climate I think.

10 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

You Sir are deducted 10 Z points for being a diddly iddly doofus! 

This is your first offence, don't let it happen again! 

😉

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Don't worry about it, I was at JAE the one year and woke up in the Sunny trying to demist the rear window while pressing the rear fog light switch 🤣

• Haha 1