How low will this have to go for you guys to be semi tempted...

hmale4yu

20 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

If i memories are correct there was a mk1 and mk2 with v6 clio, and the Renault 5 maxi turbo is fetching stupid money

Yep and I remember the supercharged Clio with sequential shifter from 14 years ago. Over 500k views. Just like the R34 i regret not using my Uni money to buy one when they were cheap

9 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Yep and I remember the supercharged Clio with sequential shifter from 14 years ago. Over 500k views. Just like the R34 i regret not using my Uni money to buy one when they were cheap

I guess your old school as well? 

7 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I guess your old school as well? 

very young im 35...while i like tech stuff nothing beats the older cars. I remember when the r34 gtr was £15,000 around 13 years ago. 

Before the time my older brother bought the 182 cup brand new discounted, me and my uncle saw the V6 Clio. I had to tell my brother maybe he should have got a V6 clio. That was over 14 years ago I think. At the time they were a bit more expensive. 

As a new driver insurance would have killed me as the skylines were not deemed classics yet. I drove the 182 clio, the suspension brand new is very good and the car goes. The seating position is much like the GR Yaris. Van like.

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

Clio 182 is the best fwd car I’ve ever driven. And by some margin, too. Absolutely love them, and they’re the only fwd car I would ever consider owning again (assuming I had something rwd to partner it!). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Clio 182 is the best fwd car I’ve ever driven. And by some margin, too. Absolutely love them, and they’re the only fwd car I would ever consider owning again (assuming I had something rwd to partner it!). 

I would have another 205 GTI (1.9), I used to love my one, such a hoot to drive 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

My perfect garage!8B2FCEF2-CBE1-48B6-9E28-CE334992FE9C.jpeg.0eced4eeb56d041a5d9ed31ce4fbff8c.jpeg844E93A3-64D9-406C-9743-E26A80B0F1BE.jpeg.af987a080d58391213286fb5107028e4.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ekona said:

I didn't get to drive it enthusiastically. As I was still a nervous new driver but I was a passenger and the first GTi mark 4 tried it. Ate him. The pulled up looking shocked and stormed off.

Also was a passenger in an hour long drive to South London through central. What a car. 

If the new Renaults could offer a similar experience that would be cool but seems like an era thing. Renault novelty has kind of worn off. Emissions just wont allow anything short of a turbo or hybrid. Hence Renault - Lotus going the Electric route.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

To anyone regretting not keeping the car they owned 10/15/20 years ago keep in mind thats however many years of storage, servicing, insurance , security, rodent protection and you also cant drive it much for losing value. 
Youd probably need to make £1500 a year to break even, there arent many cars that are doing that. 

Conversely, Ive been told a decent RS FD RX7 is now £35K (I nearly bought one for £5K in 2015) and a 22B is £150K+ (under 20K about 10 years ago, less than £50K 5 years ago). DAMMIT. :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...