Mileage From Tyres!!!

irl350z

Tyre Brand??  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Tyre Brand??

• Bridgestone
    • Toyo
    • Michelin

Just looking to see what kind of mileage people are getting from a set of Tyres???

If you're getting different Front and Rear could you say that too and of course the Brand?

Maybe if you want to describe your driving style, people may be interested in that too!

Thanks Guys!!!!

:thumbs:

Front ones worn severly on inside of both tyres, rear ones normal wear across the tyre!!

:rant:

had p-zero's and mine were the same, get 4 wheel laser alignment done when you get the tyres fitted, transformed my car, feels a lot more planted and less twitchy :thumbs:

I've done 10K since I bought my Zed which came with Stones on the rears and Conti's on the front :wacko: . They all had lots of tread on when I got the car and to be honest they still all have loads of tread on now. I do a lot of motorway miles which probably explains it.

I managed 12000 from the rears of my original Bridgestones and the fronts had about 3mm left on them. At that time I changed all 4 to Pilot Sports which are a much quieter tyre and give significantly more grip. The down side is they wear faster and my rears which have done about 6000 miles are going to need replacing fairly soon.

I tend to drive quite quickly but also very smoothly.

Just looking to see what kind of mileage people are getting from a set of Tyres???

If you're getting different Front and Rear could you say that too and of course the Brand?

Maybe if you want to describe your driving style, people may be interested in that too!

Thanks Guys!!!!

:thumbs:

Got 25K from the rear bridgestones, the front ones are still legal and Ive now done 32K. I dont thrash the car :thumbs:

What this thread is revealing is that there are some huge differences in driving styles with drifter Ian only getting 2k miles from his :scare::teeth: whereas plodding Dicky is getting a highly commendable 32k :scare::yawn: and both are on Bridgestones. :wacko:

From reading many previous threads on the subject the average (using stones) seems to be around 12-15k for the rears and 20-25k for the fronts........ unless someone reckons otherwise :surrender:

I share Sarnie's view that its not that Bridgestones are particuarly poor. Its more to do with the fact that putting on new boots, whatever the make, is bound make the car feel so much better. What would be interesting to hear is someone who had tyres other than stones fitted from new and then how they found the car behaved with a change to new stones :)

"I share Sarnie's view that its not that Bridgestones are particuarly poor"

i've never had stones but i've read numerous threads saying they are not far off being dangerous ? on the zed

or do you mean wear wise ?

They are not dangerous - there is no way Nissan would allow their use if that were the case. How many times have we read about owners losing their cars exiting roundabouts etc. Its mostly down to what you do with your right foot, particuarly when its a rwd car with high bhp. TVR's are notorious for tank slappers as they have no TC/ESP (or whatever you want to call it) and no tyre in the world is going to save you if you don't drive according to the conditions.

As far as wear goes previous experience had suggested that the Miches should be the best but then Trev the Rev has found otherwise :wacko: Again, I'm sure much of the wear issue is more around driving styles although personally I would stick to well known brands. As I have said before, Toyos would probably be my tyre of choice noting some of the informed opinion that has been expressed on this forum, and they look good but that is purely a cosmetic thing.

At the end of the day we have these cars because they are great fun to drive and if that means burning some rubber that's what its all about :teeth:

"I share Sarnie's view that its not that Bridgestones are particuarly poor"

i've never had stones but i've read numerous threads saying they are not far off being dangerous ? on the zed

or do you mean wear wise ?

They are not dangerous - there is no way Nissan would allow their use if that were the case. How many times have we read about owners losing their cars exiting roundabouts etc. Its mostly down to what you do with your right foot, particuarly when its a rwd car with high bhp. TVR's are notorious for tank slappers as they have no TC/ESP (or whatever you want to call it) and no tyre in the world is going to save you if you don't drive according to the conditions.

As far as wear goes previous experience had suggested that the Miches should be the best but then Trev the Rev has found otherwise :wacko: Again, I'm sure much of the wear issue is more around driving styles although personally I would stick to well known brands. As I have said before, Toyos would probably be my tyre of choice noting some of the informed opinion that has been expressed on this forum, and they look good but that is purely a cosmetic thing.

At the end of the day we have these cars because they are great fun to drive and if that means burning some rubber that's what its all about :teeth:

cant comment on the stones, only what i've read, i can say i changed from p-zero's to falkens and i didnt notice any difference in grip ! , the p-zero's lasted 15k on the rear, cant comment on the front as the tracking wrote those off :surrender:

Independant tests from Germany etc show the grip and braking power of the 'stones R40 to be particularly poor. Not dangerous, just poor. I have to agreee with them having had a few sticky moments when not particularly pushing it. :drive1

The grippier the tyre the less miles you'll get out of them. Sticky rubber is very soft and therefore wears out. Hard rubber doens'tt grip so well but lasts ages. You pay your money and make your choice.

Certain Goodyear Eagle sports models are awesome in wet and dry. I have had them on other hogh performance cars and been amazed at the increase in grip levels, especially wet grip. My cars only got 4k on the clock at the minute but I'll be getting them on mine very soon. They're not cheap though !

Unfortunately Goodyear don't make them in 225/45/18 so that rules anyone out with standard Rays.

:blush: Bugger, that's spoilt my plans. I should have checked. Sorry.

In that case I'm going to use Pirelli P Zero Rosso Assimetrico. Even better than the Goodyears but pricey. For details of independant tests on most tyres for dry and wet grip, together with road noise and wear properties use www.mytyres.co.uk .