Mileage From Tyres!!!

irl350z

Tyre Brand??  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Tyre Brand??

• Bridgestone
    • Toyo
    • Michelin

What this thread is revealing is that there are some huge differences in driving styles with drifter Ian only getting 2k miles from his :scare::teeth: whereas plodding Dicky is getting a highly commendable 32k :scare::yawn: and both are on Bridgestones. :wacko:

From reading many previous threads on the subject the average (using stones) seems to be around 12-15k for the rears and 20-25k for the fronts........ unless someone reckons otherwise :surrender:

I share Sarnie's view that its not that Bridgestones are particuarly poor. Its more to do with the fact that putting on new boots, whatever the make, is bound make the car feel so much better. What would be interesting to hear is someone who had tyres other than stones fitted from new and then how they found the car behaved with a change to new stones :)

PLODDING, How the very hell dare YOU. Sedate maybe, considdered possibly but plodding NEVER. :lol:

Ive got my o-60 time down to 14 sec I'll have you know.

Now if I could only get the wife out of the car Im sure Id manage13sec.

:yahoo:

I`m surprised by the poor milage from Pilot Sports. They are known to be a very long lasting tyre and you shoudl get very good milages. I think you may need your tracking checking (or your ESP button gluing on :lol: )

Nothing wrong with my tracking and the ESP is only switched off in the Summer :) I just enjoy driving it as it was intended to be driven :yahoo:

What this thread is revealing is that there are some huge differences in driving styles with drifter Ian only getting 2k miles from his :scare::teeth: whereas plodding Dicky is getting a highly commendable 32k :scare::yawn: and both are on Bridgestones. :wacko:

From reading many previous threads on the subject the average (using stones) seems to be around 12-15k for the rears and 20-25k for the fronts........ unless someone reckons otherwise :surrender:

I share Sarnie's view that its not that Bridgestones are particuarly poor. Its more to do with the fact that putting on new boots, whatever the make, is bound make the car feel so much better. What would be interesting to hear is someone who had tyres other than stones fitted from new and then how they found the car behaved with a change to new stones :)

PLODDING, How the very hell dare YOU. Sedate maybe, considdered possibly but plodding NEVER. :lol:

I would guess that you get about 40mpg too :p;)

I would guess that you get about 40mpg too :p;)

Yehhh! Listen, youve got to be prepared to cast caution and fuel costs to the wind to get accelleration times like mine. :blush: