New CLS... what happened?

AMT

Not a big fan of Mercs , but I've always loved the original CLS.... heres the new one :scare: It's like a parts bin job of shapes... its terrible and looks unfinished. More the front and back thats the issue, probably due to the light designs.

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2017/11/28/Here-s-The-New-Mercedes-CLS-Before-You-re-Supposed-To-See-It-7742221/

Edited by AMT

People will still buy it though, just like they have the others.  I can think of better ways of spending the money for  good looking car...which this isn't. I call it 1-Series syndrome... Every 1-Series was horrid...yet sold by the bucket load. (only saved by the 2 series). 

Edited by AMT

Just now, AMT said:

People will still buy it though, just like they have the others.  I can think of better ways of spending the money for  good looking car...which this isn't. I call it 1-Series syndrome... Every 1-Series was horrid...yet sold by the bucket load. (only save by the 2 series). 

whats wrong with the 1 series coupe?

The 1-Series will never be a good looking car with its face and general shape... it was 'getting there' with the coupe but the 2 Series then came. I still wouldn't have that either tbh, looks boring as hell.  How dare you talk about Aston Martin with such...words. :lol: I have a thing for Astons, big GT's... cept the DB11... that can go in the bin for all I care. :blush:

I don't want to even mention the A7.... with its horrid backside. Wheres the tail?! I'll even admit I don't like the 370's cut off tail. The MK2 Nismo saves it with its better spoiler. I don't like short looking cars. :lol:

On 28/11/2017 at 22:54, AMT said:

The 1-Series will never be a good looking car with its face and general shape... 

What are you talking about? The coupe is a good looking car, no two ways about it and the 1M is an awesome looking car. You can say "oh, but it looks like everything else" but at the end of the day its got an engine in the front and 4 seats, its not going to look like a Lambo :lol:

As for CLS - always been a bit of an ugly duckling for me, and it just got worse. Compare it with the 6 Series Coupe ........ how can you go that wrong?

We had a CLS Grand Edition and most people we met loved the shape, a 4 door coupe, basically. I'd have another if i needed a do it all car again. Currently we have 4 cars doing the various chores and thrills.