HEADPHONES

How would you stop people parking on your drive?

Actually, it would be criminal damage: " A person who without lawful excuse destroys or damages any property belonging to another intending to destroy or damage any such property or being reckless as to whether any such property would be destroyed or damaged shall be guilty of an offence."

It would be reckless to wrap it up without consulting the owner or taking precautions to protect the paint, i.e. cleaning it first. Same as how you can be done for assault without actually touching anyone, just the thought that you might be hit is enough.

11 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Not criminal damage. Where has he damaged it? In the case shown above the police couldn't say anything to him as he hadn't damaged the car. If anything he'd protected it from harm.

Criminal damage is (loosely) defined as preventing a person from using his or her property in its intended manner.  No physical "damage", as it is traditionally defined, has to be inflicted on the property. For example intentionally knocking a police officer's hat off his/her head is actually criminal damage.

So is criminal damage. ;) 

Reading the CPS site, I disagree, yeah temporary or permanent damage is inflicted. But ah well. We'll see what happens when they return and the story is updated. Or maybe we'll never know.

Just because the CPS choose not to prosecute, doesn't mean a crime hasn't been committed.

Sprinkle bird seed/breadcrumbs on the floor around the bike. After a few hours the birds will have left a message for him that parking there might not be a good idea  

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 20:23, ilogikal1 said:

Criminal damage is (loosely) defined as preventing a person from using his or her property in its intended manner.  No physical "damage", as it is traditionally defined, has to be inflicted on the property. For example intentionally knocking a police officer's hat off his/her head is actually criminal damage.

So is criminal damage. ;) 

I didn't know that  :surrender:

Maybe it was a member on here who read this thread

• Haha 1

A sign was ordered just warning that access was needed at all times and any motorcycles obstructing its use would be moved to the pavement outside the property to enable it's use.

A very fair and non over the top statement me thinks.