What is the roughly value of my Zed?

Mj86

Hi,

Just wants to know the value of my current Zed, have no intentions to sell now as my policy end after summer, but if the value of car is good, then that is something I might be intend to sell in order to increase the fund to buy another vehicle.

Yes, Zed is awesome and it been amazing experience, but it no fun when you are now family man, I knows some say you can put your child in the passenger seat, but it is not just the child I wants to bring, it is also the FIANCEE and child same time I wants to bring both in vehicle...

Here the current Zed spec:

UK/Import:

Import (Japanese)

Stock/Mods:

Exterior are both stock and mods

Interior are both stock and mods (only carbon dips)

Engine are stock, apart from air filter

Exhaust are mod

Exterior:

White gloss body, with black matte on front lip, rear spat, rear spoiler, mirrors and roof. (Body and spoiler are stock but lip, spat are mods)

Privacy glasses all, rear much darker, while front are very light are noticeable.

19" Alloy wheels (Can't remember the name but it does look similar to Mercedes alloy wheels), front are Bridgestones and rear are Kumhos. Couple of curbs.

Toyosport exhaust

Conditions of exterior are clean, couple of stone-chips from the front.

Interior:

Red leather seats

Red leather gear gaitor

Carbon dipped on steering wheel, dashboard, rear strut brace cover, etc

Sat-Nav (Think it is japanese version as gps aerial didn't work at all)

Conditions of interior are very clean, almost standard (not much due to carbon dip), no parts have been modified, upgrade or replace.

Engine-bay:

Unfortunately dint get chance to take pics, but from what I remember, carbon dip on air intake, covers (battery and brake fluids), engine cover.

K'N air filter (cone with heat shield).

Conditions of engine-bay are almost clean, could do with degreaser as there are some dirts around engine.

During my time:

I have only upgraded the battery to Optima red top.

Full services and parts services as well (part is the last service)

Use higher octane fuel at any fuel station, never put one penny of unleaded fuel (non-higher octane).

TLC:

There is screeching notice when start the engine from cold, dues to the belt (alternator belt is being worn out).

Other than the lists engine are fine, no problems.

Mileage is close to 60k, reg number is 52 (although registered was 2003).

My hunch is that the value of the car is probs between 7-8k but am happy to hear your opinions and the value of the car as well.

Images are link:

http://s227.photobucket.com/user/welshboyo_photos/media/media_zpsrh8xhqtv.jpg.html

http://s227.photobucket.com/user/welshboyo_photos/media/media%201_zpsorsenwzp.jpg.html

Can anyone tell me which is the best site that I can uploads images as they're quite large sizes at moment...

media_zpsrh8xhqtv.jpg

media%201_zpsorsenwzp.jpg

Added them for you. Price range for our zeds are massive........as Strudel stated above, they can go from £5k to £7k depending on how much buyer willing to pay for a zed. I'm on the same boat as you, selling my zed to get a 'family'car. Autotrader's evaluation (free service) recommended £4,700 for mine but I've seen few zeds that isn't as good as mine (higher mileage, ok history, no mods) advertised for £7k to £8k range...... :scare:

Zed prices never seem to make sense. There's "what they are worth", and "what people sell them for", with very little correlation between them.

You see people slashing the price on their HR for a fast sale and selling them for £4k when they could easily get £9k.

Then you get people who manage to sell their DE for £10k+

It's madness, but I think a lot of it it comes down to right place, right time (though condition and quality pays a big part).

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

Its worth what someone will pay for it - individual modifications (colours/look/feel) etc generally add no value at all as people have personal preferences. You could argue you can add value to the base value of the car though through changes such as brake upgrades, recent clutch change, new tyres, OEM respray etc. where it means future costs in this area are offset into the sale price. If you look on all the for sale sites and get a view on the base value compared to yours and then think about things like brakes and clutches and add on a few hundred quid each time you are in the ballpark.

• Like 1

Guy who works across the yard from me is willing to give me £9,000 for mine but he knows how much I've spent and i wouldn't be happy letting it go at that price as i have spent far to much on it. As above definitely depends on right place,right time and person

For what you have listed £8,000 would be a good price to start then work down

Edited by PPod

• 2 weeks later...

If it's any reference I sold a 2007 350z GT HR last July for £10,100

It had 45k on the clock, 1 previous owner, Ebisu Black, standard aside a Cobra cat back (resonated) and some Bronze Rays.

Included in the sale was the original unpainted but kerbed Rays and winter tyres. Stamped and serviced every year from new, recent banana arms, a full major service the year prior (diff fluid, gearbox fluid, brake fluid, clutch fluid, engine oil/filter, new spark plugs, air filters etc), very recent Goodyear Eagle f1 asy 2 all round.

Aside some stone chips on the bonnet and bumper I'd say it was a minter. No idea if the new owner is a member on here or not.

But I wouldn't pay £8k for a modded DE like that, no disprespect. Then again I am a year out, but when you look at the classifieds on here and there is a 370z for sale for under £12k, it certainly gets me thinking if I should come back to Zed land...

Edited by mikejbry

I would agree with JP, start at £7k and expect to end up around £5k-£6k unless you chance upon the right buyer who completely aligns with your styling ideals. If I am honest, none of the mods are base improvements more personal choice (and its quite personal so be prepared that many buyers will not want the styling approach you have taken). Is it still on the original clutch? How close to finishing are the pads and discs? How much tread left on the tyres? All of those are nigh on £500-£1000 each to sort out. I would also fix the alternator belt, otherwise that's just a bargaining chip for people to bid you down also could turn people off completely (if they think you do not care to fix the car when something is amiss).

Stick it on for £7k with the expectation of £6.5k and if you're patient enough, that's what you'll get.

Zed looks clean, but due to the bargain nature of these cars, there's not a lot of leverage in squeezing value out of it's mods or style. Many people buying a Z at this end of the market will want to do their own thing to it, be it wheels, paint, wrap or body kits. In those circumstances interested buyers will not care how it looks right now, just how much money they have left over after buying a base vehicle.

Good luck with your eventual sale.

• 3 weeks later...

(not sure why I have to piost twice without informing me what I did wrong there...)

Hi,

I would like to thanks you all for the feedbacks and I really appreciated it, I will take your comments on board and decides what to do with my Zed.

Thanks you! :)

Edited by Mj86

'03 JDM with 60k on the clock then. I wouldn't want to be paying much over £6k at best.

Aye, "individual" modifications arent going to help either, Im not sure Id even consider 6K :(

Early imports are bottom of the pile when it comes to prices, the mileage saves it a bit but no-one is going to be buying a 52 plate for £6K when you can get an 06 with 80K for £500 more :(

I've owned loads of different of cars over the years. My current daily is a 2017 XC60 D5 polestar which I've had from new.

Every car other than the Z that I've owned has been easy to price. From what I've seen with Z's, prices just don't make sense. They're all over the place.

I remember a few years back when I was thinking of selling. Some on here were saying at the time that mileage and number of owners didn't really have an effect on price. This seemed strange to me, as along with fsh it's the first thing I look at when buying a used performance car.

I also usually avoid heavily modified cars because I think they're more likely to have had a hard life.

The consensus on Porsche and m3 forums I've used in the past when selling. Is return to stock and sell the aftermarket bits separate. You get more money, and the car is less personalised to your taste and is likely to sell quicker.

I know everyone has a different opinion on this type of thing. But IMO a car that heavily modified in its looks is going to have a limited market and attract tyre kickers when you advertise it.

When I look at what my Z is worth, and think of the potential hassle of selling it. I just come to the conclusion that it makes more sense to keep it as a second car.

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1