Looking to buy (hopefully!)

My first post so go easy on me.

I am hoping to work on the wife and persuade her the little bit of savings we have in the bank is doing nothing and we would be better 'investing' in something to enjoy. And that to me means a 350z. Always loved the car so why not.

My first car was a Ford Capri, followed not too long afterwards by a RS1600i and then a 205GTI. Then it was more mundane stuff for many a year whilst the family grew up. Last couple of cars have been a Freelander and my current one, a Ford Kuga. That will staty bit I am after something to enjoy and maybe as a project.

So having been a member of other car owners clubs and gained a lot of valuable information I hope over the next few months you may be able to guide me in the right direction. I've notice a good few cars for sale in my price range (around £8k) so I will look through this site and try and learn any pitfalls, what to go for etc etc. Any help and advice will be gratefully received.

Oh and the nicname - well I used to be a punk in my youth - Hey Ho Lets go and all that. Ramones were my faves.

Edited by heyho

Thank you for your replies. I have started reading the buying guides.

Must say I do find it rather daunting. I am not a mechanic so when I see all these shiny cars being advertised on ebay, autotrader, parkers etc I think 'hmmmmm there must be something up'.

How often do cars come up on here. I know from experience on other user forums you can normally trust people on sites like this.

Welcome. I'm a new guy around here too and had the same thoughts as you.

I put up a wanted ad and a lovely guy contacted me that was thinking of selling his. I'd bought it by that weekend and can say that if you are looking for a car to enjoy, you will enjoy a 350. I can't stop driving mine.

• 2 weeks later...

welcome im new here as well a biker at heart but always wated a zed so im looking as well . mmmm i think ive made my mind up and looking for a roadster . fancy belting through the alps next year with the top down lol . good luck with your search

• 2 weeks later...