Straight line race

secretstar07979

That must really be something. Is it still usable on the street?

Very much usable. Even the throttle pedal is calibrated to avoid any problems with power delivery. Gentle touch car is gentle. Floor it all the way down and than you get what you asked for. Really hard to tell the difference or that it has been modified

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Think this video demonstrates how difficult it can be to get a 350z off the line

FWIW a stock 2009 Focus RS also runs a 13.7 .

Rubbish a 350Z ist hard to get off the line

and i ran solid 13.7 and 13.8 all day in performance wise an almost stock Z

Well I reckon there a lot about surface there. I don't see good but I assume that this drag strip has a rubber surface at the very beginning if not along the whole straight line

You're right, my apologies. I assumed GM knew what he was on about! See that? Blind faith in our glorious leaders! just what a good democracy needs! :)

Blind faith or not reading my post properly in the first place. :lol: I did say "if". ;)

If it's a "2010 Ford Focus RS" (2.5Ltr)...

...And as Dan mentioned; "Given the current RS has more than 300bhp from the factory, I think it's safe to assume the OP wasn't talking about the mk3."

• Like 2

It surprises me the defeatist attitude owners have towards their Z.

A new, maybe young, owner will ask:

"will my stock Z keep up with my mates Fiat 500 Abarth?"

And he'll get an answer from an older, usually fairly wealthy owner who's had Porsches and maybe owns a Ferrari or has had modified cars such as a Pulsar with 400bhp:

"Nah m8. The Z is a fat b@stard with an asthmatic V6 out of a Renault. Just buy it for the looks bro or get an Evo and spend 10 quid on a pop charger for 750hp instead"

Have more faith!

Turbo or Supercharge your Z and it transforms. The inertia of its obesity is overcome.

The inertia and obesity of your wallet also drastically alters when you charge and uprate your Z! Its a costly affair! Too much for me to justify anyhow. Especially when I see people selling their beautiful charged zeds recouping a fraction of what they shelled out. I'm sure it's bloody good fun though. I know somebody with a TT zed, approx 700bhp, apparently mods totalled £22k. So I think 22k + stock zed cost = a smidge off older generation higher mileage GTR

• Like 1

The Z's a fast car, gets a lot of stick because Clarkson said it didn't 'feel' fast, setting the default belief of mid-enthusiasts. When the same bloke said about the 200hp lardy mk6 Golf GTi 'make no mistake this is a fast car'... :/

Put a lightweight flywheel and a loud exhaust on a 350z and that 'feel' changes. Suddenly the car feels more rapid and the sound is a very effective mind trick which just makes the whole experience more satisfying. Then throw in how progressively it drifts, it's like butter. Meh, still the best car you can get for its money.

• Like 1

In a straight line race would a super charged 350z producing 400 bhp outpace a Ford RS giving out 300 bhp?

Yes.... Chubby Ninja spanked a 380bhp Audi A3, from launch up at Crail, evenly matched till Stevie got into 3 gear and then left him in his dust

The inertia and obesity of your wallet also drastically alters when you charge and uprate your Z! Its a costly affair! Too much for me to justify anyhow. Especially when I see people selling their beautiful charged zeds recouping a fraction of what they shelled out. I'm sure it's bloody good fun though. I know somebody with a TT zed, approx 700bhp, apparently mods totalled £22k. So I think 22k + stock zed cost = a smidge off older generation higher mileage GTR

22k? Bargain!

What am I at...

Turbo kit 2nd hand + install 6100

Forged bottom end + install 7500

Supporting mods (clutch, suspension etc) 4400

17k just there! There's more I forget! That's 2nd hand turbo kit too.

I don't think I'd sell the Z after unless I had a good chunk saved towards an R34. And they're fast being hoovered up by the 'muricans.

Hm I got the better deal I took my Greddy TT kit for 6k USD second hand but new, custom fees I forgot let say 1k USD but I'm sure it was bit less. Haltech was 1k USD, all the rest parts where 5k USD, mechanical labour 1k USD mapping the car and electronic 1k usd and 2k USD of various expenses.

Convert USD at that time to GBP it was around 13/14 GBP add value of my Zed what I can get for it regardless the mods I've put in I could have bought Bimmer E46 M3 in mint condition which in terms of performance you can't compare to my car now. Other mods like suspension and brakes and styling I won't count probably I would have done it regardless the brand of car

Edited by Snjur

Hm I got the better deal I took my Greddy TT kit for 6k USD second hand but new, custom fees I forgot let say 1k USD but I'm sure it was bit less. Haltech was 1k USD, all the rest parts where 5k USD, mechanical labour 1k USD mapping the car and electronic 1k usd and 2k USD of various expenses.

Convert USD at that time to GBP it was around 13/14 GBP add value of my Zed what I can get for it regardless the mods I've put in I could have bought Bimmer E46 M3 in mint condition which in terms of performance you can't compare to my car now. Other mods like suspension and brakes and styling I won't count probably I would have done it regardless the brand of car

Crazy what a complete, powerful and comprehensively modified, tidy car you have and how little it's cost you and what you've got for that money!

Well I reckon there a lot about surface there. I don't see good but I assume that this drag strip has a rubber surface at the very beginning if not along the whole straight line

Nothing wrong with the surface there in fact its a lot better than where i usually run (Shakespeare County) , Santa pod is the fastest drag strip in the world , thanks to Sammy Millers 3.58@386mph run in the 80's, it often has 300mph + top fuel cars

Nothing wrong with the surface there in fact its a lot better than where i usually run (Shakespeare County) , Santa pod is the fastest drag strip in the world , thanks to Sammy Millers 3.58@386mph run in the 80's, it often has 300mph + top fuel cars

No I mean the surface are designed or drag racing. Here in Croatia we are racing on abandoned airplane strips and similar. Si there is a lot of issues with traction. While in Hungary few hours drive from my place the use a drag strips with rubber surface at first 50 meters or how much

No I mean the surface are designed or drag racing. Here in Croatia we are racing on abandoned airplane strips and similar. Si there is a lot of issues with traction. While in Hungary few hours drive from my place the use a drag strips with rubber surface at first 50 meters or how much

Yes whilst Santa Pod is an old WW2 airfield from where US bombers were based its been a drag strip since the 1960's , the surface is excellent and not only rubberised but often sprayed with traction compound to make it sticky , its not unknown for your shoe to stick to the track on the startline.

The track where I tend to run is still rubberised but rarely treated and much more slippery off the line

In the US where drag racing is more popular and a lot more tracks stock 350z can run 13.1's

TT cars are in the 9's

https://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-top-25-1-4-mile-times-for-tt-st-supercharger-nitrous-bolt-ons-stock.html

Not to forget altitude plays a big role on drag times.

Although this is way off-topic now 😂

Yeah but these days with all gadgets available around like Launch control, traction control, flat shift you just need to focus on ideal Rpm for shifting

Yeah but these days with all gadgets available around like Launch control, traction control, flat shift you just need to focus on ideal Rpm for shifting

Wanna meet me in Sofia one day maybe? It's about in between us, no? :)

I got 430hp and 770nm for less than that. Oh, and a whole car attached to it as well :)

Also went for a ride in an SC 370 the other day and knowing what that cost to make theres no way you can argue VFM on an FI conversion IMO.

I got 430hp and 770nm for less than that. Oh, and a whole car attached to it as well :)

Also went for a ride in an SC 370 the other day and knowing what that cost to make theres no way you can argue VFM on an FI conversion IMO.

On which car is that 430 bhp and 770Nm

Wanna meet me in Sofia one day maybe? It's about in between us, no? :)

Should be somewhere on the half way. Excellent city to lose the car in terms of being stolen

Tell me about it, I reckon that's where my 335 is now. :)

How about Tirana then?? :lol:

I think all is same Romania Bulgaria Albania nothing is safe for fancy cars. Maybe only Macedonia sounds bit less dramatic than above mentioned