Straight line race

secretstar07979

If it's a "2010 Ford Focus RS" (2.5Ltr) that you mean then yes the supercharged Zed (with 400Bhp) should beat the RS in a straight line theoretically.

The 2010 RS in standard form (300Bhp) apparently has a 0-60 of 5.7 seconds which is the same quoted performance as a standard 2003 Nissan 350Z (276Bhp).

Lots of other factors though would make a difference even if like for like drivers. No idea on the power to weight ratio of the Ford which would make a difference for example as well as gear ratios.

Yes but it wouldnt be a walk over, the Ford would launch much better (4wd) than the 350 but the 1/4 mile time for the Focus is 13.4 @ 105 mph which is on par with a stock 370z (But its significantly harder to get a 2wd car off the line cleanly)

I would think a supercharged 350z with a good driver could run a 12.8@112-114

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2016-ford-focus-rs-vs-2015-subaru-wrx-sti-2016-volkswagen-golf-r-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-5

It's not AWD either. Only the latest generation (2016 onward) is all wheel drive. The 2010 RS is front wheel drive, as is every other roadgoing Focus up until 2016's RS.

And that is why it will lose against a stock Z, let alone one with 100 more HP. Every. Single. Time. (all else being equal)

A supercharged Z will absolutely RAPE a 2010 stock RS, it won't even be a contest. 35% more power, better drivetrain layout (FR), wider tyres, less squat, longer gears, forget it...! If the Z happens to be wearing sticky 275s+ on the back, that would make it even less of a contest.

Since we're on the subject, a 2016 RS (350hp AWD) would beat a stock Z fairly easily, and would probably give the supercharged one a good race (but I'd still expect a 400hp Z to beat a 350hp awd hatch, mainly due to drivetrain losses around 25% for the AWD). It would pull off the line first but the SC Z would reel it in pretty quick I reckon.

Edited by Aashenfox

It's not AWD either. Only the latest generation (2016 onward) is all wheel drive. The 2010 RS is front wheel drive, as is every other roadgoing Focus up until 2016's RS.

And that is why it will lose against a stock Z, let alone one with 100 more HP. Every. Single. Time. (all else being equal)

A supercharged Z will absolutely RAPE a 2010 stock RS, it won't even be a contest.

OP didnt state 2010 others assumed 2010

A supercharged Z will absolutely RAPE a 2010 stock RS, it won't even be a contest.

OP didnt state 2010 others assumed 2010

You're right, my apologies. I assumed GM knew what he was on about! See that? Blind faith in our glorious leaders! just what a good democracy needs! :)

• Like 2

Think this video demonstrates how difficult it can be to get a 350z off the line

FWIW a stock 2009 Focus RS also runs a 13.7 .

I don't disagree, though I can't see the vid at work :( It took me (actually, it is 'still' taking me) longer than I am used to, to get the hang of launching this car, but when done right, it's very quick off the mark. Good tyres ftw. ;)

That makes me feel better about the times I got last time I was at Pod in the BMW :lol:

Shoulda got an Xdrive :) My 335xi launched like nothing else I've ever experienced with around 350awhp on 255/275 mpss. Holy Christ that car was fast off the mark with zero effort, clutch up, mash gas, go to pharmacy for neck brace. Dynolicious put 0-100 at 4.4, but the really impressive thing about that car was how it went from 100 to 200.

Edited by Aashenfox

That makes me feel better about the times I got last time I was at Pod in the BMW :lol:

Shoulda got an Xdrive :) My 335xi launched like nothing else I've ever experienced with around 350awhp on 255/275 mpss. Holy Christ that car was fast off the mark with zero effort, clutch up, mash gas, go to pharmacy for neck brace. Dynolicious put 0-100 at 4.4, but the really impressive thing about that car was how it went from 100 to 200.

My latest 100 to 200 is 5.8 with a massive powerslide in 3rd gear. So I reckon can go bit more down

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Think this video demonstrates how difficult it can be to get a 350z off the line

FWIW a stock 2009 Focus RS also runs a 13.7 .

Rubbish a 350Z ist hard to get off the line

and i ran solid 13.7 and 13.8 all day in performance wise an almost stock Z

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1