New 911 GT3

Ekona

rp-911-gt3-1.jpg

rp-911-gt3-9.jpg

500hp, 347ft/lb, 0-60 3.4secs for PDK but clearly we'd all be taking the manual version at 3.9secs :D

9000rpm and a stick to change gear with. Aside from the slightly dodgy red trim around the wheels and on the seats, that's simply beautiful. I prefer the front of the gen1 to this one, but I'm splitting hairs really.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1

HOLY COW, they really went to town on the design update this year!! Oh wait...

Still, great car. 9000rpm, that's the shizz right there. Big gay wing is big and gay though.

Edited by Aashenfox

I love it but I don't love how they release these things, why they didn't just have a manual 991 to start with is weird.

They are either purposely messing with the market and buyers, or just didn't think that customers wanted a choice.

They didn't realise that the market for the manual was that strong, they just (wrongly) assumed everyone wanted to go as fast as possible regardless of involvement. Them bringing the manual back shows that they actual listen as a company, it's just a shame that Ferrari and Lambo don't do the same. Imagine a 2WD manual Huracan Spyder...

They didn't realise that the market for the manual was that strong, they just (wrongly) assumed everyone wanted to go as fast as possible regardless of involvement. Them bringing the manual back shows that they actual listen as a company, it's just a shame that Ferrari and Lambo don't do the same. Imagine a 2WD manual Huracan Spyder...

I could...with at least half of them in walls/ditches within the first year :lol:

• Like 2

So you're telling me they don't know their customers then ?

Oh they know their customers, they just don't want to give them a choice. They'd sell just as many even with a manual option as they limit the numbers on purpose, hell they could even charge more for the manual 'box!

I'm waiting to see how many mates order the new one with a manual box.

If anyone orders one with PDK I'm going to throw poo at them :lol:

Anyone with half a brain or an eye on resale will get the manual.

In reality, I suspect it'll go 50/50 in terms of sales, but it depends on who the dealer picks to sell to.

• Like 1

Forgive me for saying this but i would go PDK. Had a few laps in a 991 round Donington and my god it was silly SILLY fast! The PDK helped you concentrate on the task at hand. That said if it was to be used as more of a road toy then it would have to be manual but then we would all go for the turbo over a gt3? Anyone see that the turbo and gt3 set same times on test round Anglesey!! Madness!!

See, I go the other way: PDK for the road and a manual for the track. I like the less faff on the road so I can concentrate on what's happening around me, but I want the manual for the track so I can really push my skills.

I personally found PDK boring on track, but each to their own. Certainly your way round makes more sense.

Yeah I've been in a few RS's too, and yeah they are fast with PDK but for the rest of the time when you want to drive on the road.. I'd rather have manual.

And on track, I'd rather have manual.

I just want manual ok.

:lol:

Edited by RobPhoboS
  • Like 1

Ahh yeah I do see your point! I guess it depends on how much traffic you are planning to get stuck in! Autos for dailys all day LONG!

Yeah i get what you mean about manuals on track but i can't lie, if you asked me to drive a lap without throttle matching H&T I honestly wouldn't have a clue what to do. It's something I do without thinking now.

We are taking a group of friends to Blyton soon so they can have a go of the MX5 (trying to get them the track bug) and it suddenly dawned on me that they wont know how to H&T and i wont have a clue how to teach them anything without and a first track day isn't the place to teach them that technique haha! Maybe the synchros will just take a bashing! Rather worn synchros on a mx5 than a manual 991.2 :).

Edited by WillisRR

Linking your 2 threads Dan, maybe they should do an exchange programme with Honda's designers.

Maybe they already have: That's where the designers of the first gen Cayenne and the 996 ended up :lol:

• Like 1