My sad work news

davey_83

I guess i just had it good for a while and no sadly i dont. The place thats been offer'd looks awful, so i doubt il be using the Zed much if at all in the week. Its one of those topics whereby i cant opening speak about it at work as there not car lovers and a car is a means of transport and thats it.

Whats special to one person, isn’t special to another and more value doesn’t mean more special.

Least on a saturday i can park on the main car park in front of our building ay.

Edited by davey_83

rather than park in a multistorey? :lol:

Multistorey carpark?!!?!!! :scare: Might just be me, but they seriously scare me. Was fine back when I was a lad in a classic mini, but anything bigger than that and I just get scared. I will happily park a mile away to avoid them.

The place thats been offer'd looks awful, so i doubt il be using the Zed much if at all in the week. Its one of those topics whereby i cant opening speak about it at work as there not car lovers and a car is a means of transport and thats it.

One option which worked for me for many years when parking was an issue was just use a motorbike instead. Can park it in any little space in the carpark or pavement around where you work and much less hassle. I used to even park it in the cycle sheds at one job I had. Also had the bonus that the fit receptionists used to get a bit hot under the collar seeing me in my leathers in the morning. :lol: Doesnt solve the "i wont be using my zed any more" problem though.

• Like 1

Isnt there a way to find out who is on holiday each week (HR department) if that many people work in the building then surely there will be someone off most weeks on holiday, especially through the summer months and you just have to ask them if its ok to use their space whilst on hols?

• Like 1

with all respect Dan, he isnt a stranger, he has worked for the company several years and even used to have his own dedicated parking spot you know 👌🏻

I know the company knows who he is, but the other guy who is going on holiday might not have a clue who he is!

Holiday dont mean Holiday, it just means time away from work in effect. That scheme is in place but ring fenced for each department as there are people in each department all in the same boat now without a space. Possible in the summer months when people tend to have more time off work, but not so much in Feb & March :dry:

Yes train would be a pain you're right eek

Isnt there a way to find out who is on holiday each week (HR department) if that many people work in the building then surely there will be someone off most weeks on holiday, especially through the summer months and you just have to ask them if its ok to use their space whilst on hols?

I know that Barclays in Poole (Dorset) had a system in place that while you 'owned' (i.e. allocated) a car spot if you knew you were not going to be in the next day then you had to let someone know and that spot would be made available for someone on the list of 'waiters'. It was abused though - a number of people would just let a friend know and they would get the spot.

No chance for me to park there as I was a contractor.

Mind you I did not mind as Barclays had been asked to make the spaces available to the public on weekends (as the office was very close to central Poole) so they made all the parking bays smaller than the standard size so the public could not use them (I had a 1.7 Puma at the time) - a 350Z would be too large for the spot anyway.

Suggest a charity auction where employees can rent a parking space a month at a time. Proceeds go to charity so they look like a responsible giving company. Maybe it would encourage those that travel less distance to walk rather than pay out and you can bid on a spot.

Change job! How hard do they need to make it for you to get to work and do your job? If they can't provide enough parking for staff, it says a lot about how they treat their employees.

Sometimes it's not the businesses fault, if it's close to a town centre there may be restrictions on parking spaces per employee to encourage public transport.

I know our place had this a few years back and those above a certain pay grade had to park at the P&R and either walk the 10 mins or wait for a company shuttle bus.

Not saying that's the case here but we don't know the full story.

Change job! How hard do they need to make it for you to get to work and do your job? If they can't provide enough parking for staff, it says a lot about how they treat their employees.

Sometimes it's not the businesses fault, if it's close to a town centre there may be restrictions on parking spaces per employee to encourage public transport.

I know our place had this a few years back and those above a certain pay grade had to park at the P&R and either walk the 10 mins or wait for a company shuttle bus.

Not saying that's the case here but we don't know the full story.

agreed - but if they've outgrown the office, they should look to relocate to accommodate the staff numbers. Expecting the OP to walk 20 mins twice a day just to get from his car to the office is unacceptable in my opinion. Bloody millennials.

I'd park in the spot regardless, or travel the 40 minute round trip in work time, my work pay my travel expenses and time to travel so, I'd be looking at getting some sort of compensation, and be raising a grievance at work about it personally. I wouldn't take this lightly, I know it's only a parking space but it's the principle of letting people (management) get one over on you. If you kick up enough fuss you may end up getting your way.

• Like 1

Ive secured an allocated spot in the overspill carpark, its a shared car park (3/4 different companies) but better than nowt. Todays the first time ive drove the Zed to work, since the new a couple weeks ago lol The car park is on a rolling month contract with the land owners which isnt great, but is OK for now.

My parking space at work happened the same way!

I didnt want to park my GTR some where I couldn't see it!

Then they have the cheek to say you can park it in Morrisons :(

My GTR in Morrisons car park all day with a full car park I was screwing!

Then i found a dumped KA in a parked spot and it didnt move for months so parked next to that and a bush the other side

Win win at the minute lol!

• Like 1