Whats your best 1/4 time?

hensh65

Hi guys/gals,

I am going to the 1/4 mile on Sunday for the first time in 2 years, thought I would put a thread up to see what peoples best times are in whatever they have taken up the strip!!

1. 09 A5 3.0tdi remapped 290bhp/460ftlb - 14.15

2. 55 350z DE std with stretched rear tyres - 14.6

First time up with my TTs which is standard minus a bypass pipe fitted, not sure what time to expect.

We have a De/HR and a 370 nismo going, so I will put in our best times on Sunday night.

What about you?

Never been down one!

Planning to take my ST once the weather gets better this year. I'd love to get into the high 13's but front wheel drive will probably make that difficult.

If its standard then you will be high 14s, the ones running mental power do high 13s easily :thumbs:

8.68@168 on my bike

What bike was that?

Homebuilt 1981 Z1000j 1428cc 14/1 cr and nitrous, around 300hp . Raced in the Competition bike class I built about 5 different drag bikes between 1991-2005 started with turbocharged ones and then went to high compression + nos

cb19.jpg

021.jpg

• Like 6

Its running about 330bhp now @hench. Saw a few on the forum breaking into 13s with similar set ups. Ill probably be the weakest link trying to launch the thing ha!

Is it the latest model ST? I took a shot of my mates ST-3 when he got it, bone dry day and this thing was fighting you the moment you pressed the loud pedal :lol: and that was stock!

Bone dry day, decent tyres, small burnout before the launch, should be in with a shout.

This is my time slip from Jap show last year! Ignore the reaction time, so in the zone I missed the lights then just wanted to concentrate on a decent launch lol b9827e0a9597f3fd5ee0ab80f008b2ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14.8, same day as this ^^. Much faster off the line than the RS, but once rolling it was game over for Zed, the RS stonking it every run.

thought you managed a 14.6?

I done a 14.6 in that car when I took it up!

The 1/4 mile times for both 350/370 vary so much even for just standard cars!

• Like 1

So people running 13's in supercharged Z's can someone explain how Craig smith in his greenZ DE N/a runs high 13's lol, only difference to his and mine is the gearbox, he has an import, he's in 5th gear before the end of the strip whereas im just about in 4th lol.

• Like 1

So people running 13's in supercharged Z's can someone explain how Craig smith in his greenZ DE N/a runs high 13's lol, only difference to his and mine is the gearbox, he has an import, he's in 5th gear before the end of the strip whereas im just about in 4th lol.

Exactly my point, Chubby Ninja run 14.1 in his DE with only an exhaust before he S/C it.

Tyres, conditions, driver make a massive difference.

Its all about getting the power down, not how much you have :)

• Like 1

Its all about getting the power down, not how much you have :)

He's gear ratio's so short though lol