Is it worth a look ?.

Bandit

The ad is a bit misleading, Cat D is not defined by a little bump on the front. If its hit something then chassis and suspension checks would be a first port of call.

If he bought it damaged then he should also have taken photos of it, or at least have photos of when it was advertised as written off. Check also how long he owned the car, if its a few months it could be he buys up cars, quick fix, sells on.

Oh and the Nismo badge adds £10 value to it (or whatever chinese badges go for nowadays on ebay!)

• Like 1

That looks suspiciously like a facelift bumper on a pre-facelift car, especially as the front orange reflectors don't actually fit....

Doubt they repaired it and instead just replaced it. Might be hiding some nasty damage behind!

• Like 1

I wouldnt be too put off by the Cat D, particularly if he can show photos of damage and repairs, but its also not far off what youd be looking at for an undamaged 04 plate.

Also a bit suss how "slight bumper" damage can write off what he obviously thinks is a 6K motor, theres not a lot of information there either ........ :dry:

• Like 1

That looks suspiciously like a facelift bumper on a pre-facelift car, especially as the front orange reflectors don't actually fit....

Doubt they repaired it and instead just replaced it. Might be hiding some nasty damage behind!

Well spotted ... yea and they've used the pre-facelift reflectors which obviously don't fit the facelift bumper

• Like 1

Thanks chaps.

I have just emailed him through fleabay and ssked him to describe the damage and any photos he has of it.

Here's the reply I got, a man of few words, well that's that then..NOT INTERESTED.

Sorry no photos, it was really light front damage....

Thanks chaps.

I have just emailed him through fleabay and ssked him to describe the damage and any photos he has of it.

Here's the reply I got, a man of few words, well that's that then..NOT INTERESTED.

He has sent me a bit more info...

Sorry no photos, it was really light front damage. Bumper and bonnet. It was repaired

to a very high standard by Horsham car paint repairs. Its spot on.

Thanks chaps.

He has sent me a bit more info...

Sorry no photos, it was really light front damage. Bumper and bonnet. It was repaired

to a very high standard by Horsham car paint repairs. Its spot on.

It could be Cat D if the bonnet was misaligned by impact etc. but then you would worry the structure of the car is compromised.

As above, if you are looking to spend under £5k this might end up being all you are going to get, I cannot see prices dropping any further.

So whats your budget Bandit - you are probably bordering on the record for longest on forum without actually ever buying a Zed ;)

Well every time I get near a budget something comes up, I just helped my son buy his Beemer,

before Christmas the missus wanted a new settee and washing machine, and now my dentist want

£1,700 for an implant..wish big "G" up there would give me a break, so I can get near to a sensible budget. :surrender:

As above, if you are looking to spend under £5k this might end up being all you are going to get, I cannot see prices dropping any further.

No way man, I wouldnt pay more than £5K for any DE engined car. I came incredibly close to picking this one up just for the lols:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale/253118-350z-2006-facelift-296bhp-3500-a.html

• Like 1

Seeing as the facelift headlight washer covers are different to the prefacelift ones I'd be concerned that the old style ones had been removed from the damaged bumper and glued on which looks to be the case for the reflectors. Also, can't say for sure but is the front chin spoiler missing?

Pete

• Like 2

Seeing as the facelift headlight washer covers are different to the prefacelift ones I'd be concerned that the old style ones had been removed from the damaged bumper and glued on which looks to be the case for the reflectors. Also, can't say for sure but is the front chin spoiler missing?

Pete

Thanks Pete, I'm giving it a miss, cant seem to get much info from the owner,

I always take that as a sign they are hiding something by not telling the whole story

so its off my list. Back to the hunt.

• Like 1

Pete

Thanks Pete, I'm giving it a miss, cant seem to get much info from the owner,

I always take that as a sign they are hiding something by not telling the whole story

so its off my list. Back to the hunt.

Very wise
  • Like 2