2008 HR - 6 months into the journey of ownership

Az-Z

Heyup guys, not really sure where to post this, wanted to try and get a bit more involved on here. Lurked around a bit, bought a few bits and bobs but not really had time to contribute post-wise so much. I'll try and change that this year :-)

So I've owned the car 6 months now, intentions were to keep it pretty original. Here's my "Hello I'm new here" post - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/110373-n00b-alert/ - I actually really liked the 350Z when it first came out, got the 350Z Scalextric over 10 years ago lol, so it's pretty cool to now be able to own the real thing.

Well I've kind of kept to my plan, but it's certainly a car that for some reason tempts me to get involved and do stuff to it lol.

Stuff I've done:

- K&N panel filters

- Stubby aerial

- Boot divider & cargo net

- Sound proofed the boot with Dynamat type stuff

- 20/25mm wheel spacers

- Black Rays wheel nuts

- Rear wiper delete

- Brodit Proclip phone mount

- Steering wheel re-trim

- Painted steering wheel controls

- Painted rear strut brace

- Metal undertray (replaced plastic original)

- Cobra resonated exhaust, high-flow cats, y-pipe

- Uprev remap at Horsham Developments (317bhp)

- Dashcam (A119)

Along with that I've done a few other small maintenance things, full service, changed the front wheel bearing hubs, droplinks to be done along with W brace.

Had a pretty awesome trip to Lake District towards end of last year. Weather was decent and the roads around there mega. Did Honister Pass and a couple other routes around there, all pretty relaxed but good fun. Great for pics too.

Here are a few snaps taken so far.

When I first got it - found some friends lol

Az_350Z_001.jpg

Az_350Z_002.jpg

Az_350Z_003.jpg

Az_350Z_004.jpg

Az_350Z_005.jpg

Stripped the boot out and dynamatted - well worth doing, especially since I got the exhaust later

Az_350Z_006.jpg

Painted rear strut

Az_350Z_007.jpg

Can see rear wiper removed and bunged here

Az_350Z_008.jpg

Az_350Z_009.jpg

Cobra fitted

Az_350Z_010.jpg

Az_350Z_011.jpg

Steering wheel sorted - I especially like this, love the feel of alcantara :-)

Az_350Z_012.jpg

Soz for pic overload!

Must say seems like a good time to get a 350Z in particular, so much performance and fun for the money. It's a solid car too, not much better around for the money. I looked at all sorts of options, but glad I chose this. Want to try and get along to a few meet ups this year. Before I got my Zed I noticed there was a bunch of 350's at the TunerFest meeting at Brands Hatch. Not sure if anyone on here was there, but here's my gallery - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albums/19-06-2016-tunerfest-brands-hatch-photos/ - if you guys do a track day, especially at Brands do give me a shout!

Anyway enough for now. cheers Az

• Like 3

The car looks really good mate, I love the aggressive look of the steering wheel, im thinking of getting one like that, also I don't think I've seen a zed with red seats yet, suits it well red and black interior.

Will you be going to Silverstone japfest this year?

Just realised you said you swapped your plastic undertray for a metal one.....

Do you happen to still have the plastic one?

And possibly want rid of the damn thing out of your shead/garage/attic?

Wellllll......

I know someone who would take it off your hands :wave::thumbs: if you want rid that is

Lovely car, needs spacers (25 rear, 20 front) and just a little drop (15 to 20mm, Tein should do the trick!). :)

You just skipped all the text and went straight for the pix, didn't you? :p

Busted, my apologies. :blush:

Funny, doesn't look like it has spacers on the back at least. Oh well, must be a trick of the angles, or the ride height throwing me off.

Edited by Aashenfox

Lovely car, needs spacers (25 rear, 20 front) and just a little drop (15 to 20mm, Tein should do the trick!). :)

You just skipped all the text and went straight for the pix, didn't you? :p

Busted, my apologies. :blush:

Funny, doesn't look like it has spacers on the back at least. Oh well, must be a trick of the angles, or the ride height throwing me off.

Probably not fitted yet in the pic to be fair :)

The car looks really good mate, I love the aggressive look of the steering wheel, im thinking of getting one like that, also I don't think I've seen a zed with red seats yet, suits it well red and black interior.

Will you be going to Silverstone japfest this year?

Cheers Rob! I'd like to go yes, will have to see if it clashes with any motorsport as often at race tracks on weekend. Think there will be a Jap event at Snetterton too, will know more in couple of weeks.

Ref tray it is in shed lol. I put up on ebay as apparently might still worth a few quid. If it don't sell you're welcome to it.

Im in the market for a HR at the moment. How has yours been? Have you had any of the oil burning issues that seem to plague them?

No I haven't mate. Only done about 5k miles but all seems ok for me touch wood. Good luck on the hunt :-)

Yeh sorry chaps KyleR is right... to clarify 20/25mm spacers were fitted after Lake District trip. Don't think I've got any decent pics after actually but looks better in the arches and thankfully handling didn't seem to be effected. Agree lowering a smidge would be nice... we'll see :-)