Anyone else have there Zed's tucked away for winter? Also what I bought.

celiabaker

I would have posted that I don't make any allowances for weather, I use the car when I want, but then today (last night) it snowed enough (2 inches settled, a lot for Athens) that I could not risk trying to get it up the driveway this morning. The garage ramp is 1 in 5 incline with a wall at the bottom and a right angle turn into the garage, so if I start slipping at the top, I'm sliding back into a wall, not worth the risk. Nobody has road salt here, why would we, it snows twice a decade, so in general it's quite hilarious on the roads, Greeks are just never prepared for it. Also, the last time it snowed here (years ago), I foolishly tried to take the S2000 to work, an old one with no traction control, that went well. Not. I didn't hit anything, but I did have to tell a person who idiotically walked out into the street in front of me while I was going downhill on ice, to MOVE YOUR ASS YOU MORON!! I was just sliding towards them and they were just looking at me, waving my arms frantically, eventually the idiot realised and got out of the way just in time.

As much as I do miss driving the Z, and I do, it's been bloody refreshing not having to worry about it. Not worrying about the salt, not worrying about some little hoik pinching the badges, and Ive saved a nice wedge in fuel moneys which will now become modifications money!

Roll on those late summer evenings where it's warm till late

Dont understand these people who lock their cars away over winter. Im using my 997 turbo as my daily. Sun, rain, snow, sleet, ice, you name it. At the moment ive not had time to wash it for 3 weeks and so it looks like ive been rallying it down muddy lanes its so mucky. But the grin on my face going to work & back is huge. Its about the only bit of pleasure I get these days now im married. :lol:

• Like 1

My 350z isnt a super car, but its a super car to me thats why its partially away for the winter. Dont get how folks car have a nice car and allow it to look like crap, dirty boot and fingers marks when you go to close it, windows mucky with reduced visibilty when you need it the most during the winter months, clean bits on the sills where their trousers have caught the muck - yuk.

If its been really cold to the point that the gritters have been out, il take the sunny and why not. To be fair my 92' Sunny is cleaner than most cars on the road, sadly not what comes out the tailpipe.I cleaned the zed the other day at 8pm. Not to cold to be fair but clearly as dark as the nights ever going to get. But i could wash a car from street and my drive flood light as good as in the day light, so why left poor lighting stop me LOL takes little effort to clean a looked after car.

Always been the same, always will be.

I just clean mine more often, at least once a week including the underside of the car. That's when you know a car is super :)

I would suggest it varies by region, in London you rarely get bad ice on the roads, temperature is usually higher, less chance of snow and the like. I can imagine living up norf its a slightly different prospect.

In short though, I adore my cars, but drive them all year round, and my cars will always be one of the most polished and cleanest at any car meet any time of year...admittedly at the expense of the missus complaining I spend too much money on car cleaning gear :lol:

Ours is the wifes daily so it gets used all year round, always has done and doesn't seem any the worse for wear for being out in the nasty conditions day to day. Cant see the point in having a car you enjoy driving and leaving it at home :). Winter tyres get swapped on in November and even the snow doesn't stop it!

Ed

• Like 1

Have always used all mine throughout the winter - Caterhams, Elise, 350Z et al.

The only slightly dodgy one was the Westfield because, unless you remembered to heat it up first (which seemed to be beyond me) the roof would shrink so much you couldn't get it on without ripping all your fingernails out. It also didn't have a heater but after a while the heat from the old crossflow and competition exhaust would eventually at least keep your legs warm B) This was before the invention of half hoods which are a wondrous thing.

We were reminiscing the other day - my daughter and I went to Newmarket to collect it in it's open-topped state - the dealer said "don't bother with the roof". By the time we got home we were virtually unable to move any of our extremities :lol: . All part of the fun, of course?