Been For a Test Drive - GT86 & 370z & Scirocco R(ejection)

Stutopia

• 1 month later...

Having really fancied a Scirocco for quite some time now I as hoping to have a little write up today with the other serious contenders. So I thought it might be worth going to see an R which popped up fairly locally, with a view to a test drive and seeing if I could make the leap from RWD Jap to FWD German. I've had real soft spot for these for ages and other than the drivetrain, they're exactly what I am after - newer, nicer interior, bit more refined and not that many about, I know looks are subjective, but I think they look spot on. Being 45 minutes drive each way I thought i'd ring ahead this morning and check it was in and I was ok to drive it. It was. Sorted.

Arrived this afternoon.

"Are you looking to part exchange that?"

"Err... Not really, I'll be trying to selling it privately."

"Good, we wouldn't part exchange that Nissan"

"I haven't asked you to."

"Are you looking at any other cars?"

"Yes, it's quite a change from my current car, and obviously I'm not spending 15 grand without considering a few options."

"You can only drive it if you don't have other cars to look at."

"What?"

"What?"

"It would have been good if you'd told me this on the phone, before I drove 45 minutes to get here."

"You can still have a look and I will get someone to start it for you in the car park"

START IT UP!

JUST FOR ME!

IN THE CAR PARK!

Great service at Global Automobiles Limited in Blackburn, they hadn't even bothered to mention the engine management light either. Judging by the battle the other customer was having to get some advisories from an MOT done before he purchased a Merc, I'm quite pleased to have established the level of customer care you get when spending 15 grand, up front, not when it's too late.

• Like 1

Bloody useless. You'll never get a sale like that, unless someone's a mug.

No local VW main dealers? Should be more helpful.

I'll find one (this douche won't put me off) but R's aren't that common round here. I liked this one as it seemed like an enthusiast PO (kept the auto express magazine which inspired him to buy the Scirocco, great condition, manual too). They're not that rare you need to put up with this kind of ****.

I live about 10 mins from Blackburn, I wouldn't want to spend more that £20 in that town lol and definatly wouldn't want to buy a car from there, been to a couple of car sellers round there over the years, and everyone turned out to be a rotten egg, even though the sellers would say the cars were "well looked after"

• Like 2

I had a drive of an Alfa QF last week and would have gone out in an M2 as well but was too honest with the salesman (I said I wouldnt buy it for at least 6 weeks), the M2 I called 1/2 hour before I arrived .........

Not allowing you to drive a Scirocco R is hilarious, Id be complaining to someone myself :lol:

• Like 1

Arrived this afternoon.

"Are you looking to part exchange that?"

"Err... Not really, I'll be trying to selling it privately."

"Good, we wouldn't part exchange that Nissan"

"I haven't asked you to."

"Are you looking at any other cars?"

"Yes, it's quite a change from my current car, and obviously I'm not spending 15 grand without considering a few options."

"What?"

"What?"

Great service at Global Automobiles Limited in Blackburn, they hadn't even bothered to mention the engine management light either. Judging by the battle the other customer was having to get some advisories from an MOT done before he purchased a Merc, I'm quite pleased to have established the level of customer care you get when spending 15 grand, up front, not when it's too late.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is incredible, what an absolute moron!

Atleast you hadn't spent £15k with them - Good luck finding another one locally - hopefully one without a better salesman!