nubs White 370Z GT Edition

nub

I do use 97 RON and I had this same question when I was looking to buy my 370z as I'd have to drive seriously way out the way on some not nice roads stuck in traffic just to get anything higher than 97 (There is a Shell near me but the people who run it have been known to clone cards so I won't go near it)! I did loads of searches and found that there's a fair few people who run 97 and have had no issues so I felt a little easier so I then tried to do the research on which is the best 97 RON! I have the choice of 97's on my way to or from work and they are BP and ESSO. Anyway in the end I found Fifth gears petrol test fairly informative not sure of it's full scientific nature and whether it's 100% accurate but from that video alone I went with ESSO. It's a shame as the station is also a Tesco shop but they don't do the Momentum!

Here's the Fifth gear video (time stamped at the chart).

I also went off this thread (Been looking for it for ages); http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58381-viewed-a-demonstrator-always-run-on-95-ron/

She seems to focus on if she can feel a difrence rather than if asda fuel is actually doing that turbo engine any good long term

Surly that's the concern for most people

She seems to focus on if she can feel a difrence rather than if asda fuel is actually doing that turbo engine any good long term

Surly that's the concern for most people

As I say I never take anything that a TV Show does off face value and it's full 100% scientific nature just because it's TV! Even the programme I was on was so heavily edited in absolutely everything that ye I definitely don't take it on face value :p! Was more that I found out before the video that 97 RON was considered fine by most so then it was just choosing the best so went with the video on that basis as it's all opinions on who prefers what :O!

I love the white 370z especially when people go black/white for colour schemes,and some carbon fibre ,both inside and out, but can anybody tell me this ,I am hearing rumours there will be no more 370z produced as they are wanting to turn it into a SUV.

ANY COMMENTS?? B):blush::rant:

I really want my wheels black, I know they're forged Rays but are they particularly light? They don't look light and I'm sure they're not as light as other aftermarket wheels. I'll get spacers on too and the plan is to get the 2015 Nismo rear bumper on, and the front but it's considerably more expensive due to the DRLs. Knowing I could put the Nismo bumper on is the main reason I decided to buy the car bd829ef6fa05fa76a0d6c3ef4df830ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the white 370z especially when people go black/white for colour schemes,and some carbon fibre ,both inside and out, but can anybody tell me this ,I am hearing rumours there will be no more 370z produced as they are wanting to turn it into a SUV.

ANY COMMENTS?? B):blush::rant:

I really want my wheels black, I know they're forged Rays but are they particularly light? They don't look light and I'm sure they're not as light as other aftermarket wheels. I'll get spacers on too and the plan is to get the 2015 Nismo rear bumper on, and the front but it's considerably more expensive due to the DRLs. Knowing I could put the Nismo bumper on is the main reason I decided to buy the car bd829ef6fa05fa76a0d6c3ef4df830ed.jpg

I don't think they are the lightest no

Good strong wheel tho

Despite a few people telling to avoid supermarket fuels. I've done some research and many have good things to say about it. I may eventually get an ECUtek map for 97 but for now my choice is either super unleaded (97) or Tesco momentum (99) unless anyone could provide me with some conclusive evidence that momentum is bad in some way then that's what I'll use. 99 must surely be better and add some power over the 97. I know the additives are different but I can't believe Tesco would make a high octane fuel with @*!# additives - it's obviously aimed at performance cars and it seems to be good value too

An another question, is it worth upgrading the Y pipe? Or is the Y like part of the cat back itself ? In not sure where the Y pipe gues exactly, is if before the cats?

If anyone sees s motordyne shockwave catback for sale or ART decat pipes or wants to swap for my fast intentions resonated cat back with carbon silencers and resonated HFCs then please let me know! I can't see much for sale 2nd hand anywhere and I don't want to pay new prices just yet. I'd also love a 2015 Nismo rear bumper but that could wait

Edited by nub

Despite a few people telling to avoid supermarket fuels. I've done some research and many have good things to say about it. I may eventually get an ECUtek map for 97 but for now my choice is either super unleaded (97) or Tesco momentum (99) unless anyone could provide me with some conclusive evidence that momentum is bad in some way then that's what I'll use. 99 must surely be better and add some power over the 97. I know the additives are different but I can't believe Tesco would make a high octane fuel with @*!# additives - it's obviously aimed at performance cars and it seems to be good value too

An another question, is it worth upgrading the Y pipe? Or is the Y like part of the cat back itself ? In not sure where the Y pipe gues exactly, is if before the cats?

If anyone sees s motordyne shockwave catback for sale or ART decat pipes or wants to swap for my fast intentions resonated cat back with carbon silencers and resonated HFCs then please let me know! I can't see much for sale 2nd hand anywhere and I don't want to pay new prices just yet. I'd also love a 2015 Nismo rear bumper but that could wait

How dose the fi exhaust sound I nearly went for one of those

Mine is the 12" resonated version and it does sound good but it's one of the louder CBEs. due to having the resonated HFC also it's a bit louder than I want. There's 3 options and mine is the middle one, I'd rather it was 18" resonated. It would be perfect for those retaining OEM cat. Also from looking a pics, I would guess from the size of the resonator that the FI HFCs are one of the quietest available. I would just rather try the motordyne setup with the Helmholtz resonators, but I expect these may also be quite loud. I know purpose of them but I'm not sure how well they function in actually reducing the volume. The Ark Grip has both the Helmholtz resonator and andI straight through silencer but as a result it hangs pretty low. It'll be somewhat trial and error but looking at videos it's the combo I want because it just sounds the best by far and filters the crap part of the frequency leaving the v6 note.

Mine is the 12" resonated version and it does sound good but it's one of the louder CBEs. due to having the resonated HFC also it's a bit louder than I want. There's 3 options and mine is the middle one, I'd rather it was 18" resonated. It would be perfect for those retaining OEM cat. Also from looking a pics, I would guess from the size of the resonator that the FI HFCs are one of the quietest available. I would just rather try the motordyne setup with the Helmholtz resonators, but I expect these may also be quite loud. I know purpose of them but I'm not sure how well they function in actually reducing the volume. The Ark Grip has both the Helmholtz resonator and andI straight through silencer but as a result it hangs pretty low. It'll be somewhat trial and error but looking at videos it's the combo I want because it just sounds the best by far and filters the crap part of the frequency leaving the v6 note.

My pal has art pipes with invidia

I have de cats volume wise mine is louder but it's not much difference

The art pipes seem to make it a slightly deeper smother sound if that makes sense

Yeah I'm thinking motordyne shockwave plus the ART decat will be a loud combo. But a good loud is acceptable. I think straight through silencers must surely be more effective at reducing decibels than the Helmholtz ones. But that's just a guess. I've also heard videos with the shockwave cat back alone and stock cats and that sounds great but then I'm aiming for the maximum gains with ECUtek map as the other dude did on here claims he made 333whp...yet Abbey say he actually made more like 355bhp which is a decent figure nonetheless. I will sell my fast intentions CBE and resonated HFCs, I think they cost a lot to import here so assuming they're in good condition I hope to sell them for at least £400 and £800 respectfully then I'll buy some cheap eBay HFCs for around £200 and they will only be fitted for MOT time. Rest of the year I'll be using the ART decats FTW! It's just a case of waiting for a used motordyne shockwave to appear somewhere, anywhere! I'm also rather fond of the Z1 motorsport CAI as opposed to the stillen. Although nearly identical the Z1 has more silicone near the front which is much better at resisting engine heatsoak than the metal alloy which the stillen is entirely made from! It's a shame they didn't design it all from silicone I just don't get it! Z1 has a velocity stack too. I doubt there's much between them anyways, is the 370z headers near the front of the front of the bay where the silicone part is ?

Also I know it's Xmas but I just don't find any used modifications for sale anywhere. Not here, EBay, gumtree. It's very sad 😩

b0387ad87bd843ee8f005e1819484651.jpg6cb90e19d31ddc1020672d64e17ab640.png

I can't wait to start modding the **** out of this there's nothing good 2nd hand anywhere on forums or EBay ðŸ˜. Exhaust would be first ideally but whatever comes up really. Do the CAI stillen and Z1 style intakes make any good induction note? Also I can't remember if I mentioned already but the car seems to be a bit faster with Tesco 99 momentum. I know it's hard to really tell but it seems to pull harder in 3rd and 4th. Perhaps the uprev map was mapped with 99 hence why 97 was feeling slower. Does anyone know if Abbey would turn off the cat sensor as standard on a map? Like I've got an uprev map with FI HFC but will the EML come on with an ART test pipe ?

63b052c0a619cf019d1da4297f00249b.jpg2332429fec88d4df9364c573bd71f3cd.jpg

These vids are more the sound I'm after. The ART decat and either motordyne shockwave (louder) or ARK Grip (quieter). Both have Helmholtz resonators, and the decat pipe too so it cancels out certain undesirable frequencies and emits a nice higher pitch V6 tone which you can't achieve with regular systems. Those are the options/combos I have to choose from. So far I'm thinking the quieter ARK, both have titanium burned tips but ARK doesn't have rolled tips.

Ive tried to enter the timestamp on the URL but it doesn't seem to work on tapatalk anyway

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TPySWDgnT5o&t=3m57s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&t=0m13s&v=EduzmWc6EOI

Both motordyne decat and cat back drive by

Here a 40mph pull in my car now with fast intentions resonated HFC and 12" resonator. It sounds rather tame but it is actually quite loud. And I'm lacking any induction at all. Who can tell me if the Z1 motorsport and stillen CAI make a good induction noise before I search YouTube? On the type Rs some of the induction kits are louder than average exhaust so I'm intrigued to hear what they sound like on

Edited by nub

Maybe just me or the vids but they all sound pretty tame to me, was expecting more snarling and pops from all three vids but that's listening on my phone, will listen on pc later

Edited by Irn Bru

Maybe just me or the vids but they all sound pretty tame to me, was expecting more snarling and pops from all three vids but that's listening on my phone, will listen on pc later

Even my setup which has one of the more expensive and less restrictive cat backs, but a HFC as opposed to a decat; it pops and bangs and burbles all the time without even trying. Downshifting it'll do it every single time. But I doubt I could capture it well on my iPhone.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really related but my old FN2 is featured in February Banzai mag, I never actually met the guys and all the content was taken from my rather good pistonheads sale ad. No regrets though 🙂

5026563ed91778454377e2fa7421e6c0.png135dbcbc53bd26b0d6a57f7ed6448dcb.png91d3754907c761cf4520f54209268d93.pngc56cb5ccd209056344eeb328beca8391.jpg

afca99ea45a995787a533d3c9d9448e3.jpg

Really debating buying an Ark Grip and then selling my Fast intentions cat back which should be worth much more when brand new as it has the carbon mufflers option. It's very light, rare and expensive but when I add ART Decats I just feel it become too loud. For the same reason I'm kinda telling myself that the motordyne shockwave looks so much better and no doubt performs better than Ark Grip BUT with so few silencers I know it will be such a Loud combo. Still not entirely sure I wouldn't get one if it came up for sale. I also want a bloody Z1 motorsport intake which is gonna be reallly rare to find too 😕

There's few on here with Motordyne ART test pipes with either Motordyne shockwave or Ark Grip combo. But I'm watching loads of YouTube vids to try decide. Ark Grip is cheap enough that I could buy brand new tho, only until Feb when there's a price increase.

Thanks ! So ive ordered the motordyne ART Decats, it should arrive next week. Not sure what to expect, but In theory it should be a bit quieter than the HFC I've already got (assuming it's the non resonated version) - it says this on their own page and a few members have confirmed this to be the case so l hopefully it'll be just a little bit quieter and the Helmholtz chamber will make it sound nicer somehow. depending on the result I can then decide on which cat back would optimum for me, volume and decibel rating is a big factor but I'd like motordyne shockwave rolled, burnt and adjustable tip. It also steps and progresses to 3" which would give good gains...But it's too bloody loud!

Edited by nub