Is this Front splitter repairable? (fibreglass)

B16

So as the title really, this splitter was taken off an E46 M3 at my work and was just laying around ready to go in the skip. I bodged it together and offered it up against the 350 and it looks asthough you could make it fit the stock bumper with some tinkering.

353b765fb4e586423547a0afa830952c.jpg

ea92d9bcf5a8bbc75dad52993901a7d6.jpg53c26a9dfd55d3162ae73e40de2bb423.jpg668dfc3cb3dd3857913afde17cc988aa.jpg

Just wondered if anyone has repaired anything similar or any tips on how I should attack this? 🤔ðŸ‘ðŸ¾

Cheers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes can be done, it would need some sort of internal brace, perhaps out of close fitting wood and use rein to bond, then grind back the top layers of glass, and bandage with mat and resin, obviously it cant remain in the carbon look and will need paint but it should be fine, i have repaid far more complicated parts with good results.

Cheers for the advice everyone. After seeing those corner splitters i think I might give something like that a go! They look awesome!

*heads to YouTube to watch more fibreglass tutorials*

😸

Edited by B16
  • Like 1

So this is where I've got to so far. It's only rough as I don't want to spend too much time getting them perfect before I know I'm 100% on them, so this is merely an experiment really. I will try and get them fixed on tomorrow and see how they look.

Once I line the outside edge where it sweeps up with the side of the bumper the area that was cut should be tucked underneath the bumper for the most part anyway. If I like how they look I'll take get them filled nicer and re-finished in black or maybe carbon! a99c613eac42b81f34b60cb772c243c2.jpg759bd53aac5fb4b8e27da2710227dc6e.jpg96686f4e877ee08915eb02c226aeb59d.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Afraid not, I think it could work well but would need more work to make them fit properly, as they were there was big area of fresh air in between them and the bumper... I'm waiting for my splitter to be delivered from Tarmac as we speak 🙄😂

Got a few pics but they won't upload at the mo. I imagine it'd probably be easier to start from scratch or bastardise a 350 splitter that has some damage though 🤔😂

Got a few pics but they won't upload at the mo. I imagine it'd probably be easier to start from scratch or bastardise a 350 splitter that has some damage though 🤔😂

Why not ditch the broken parts and use it to make some corner splitters like on P15ULT's old zed?

cruise-050.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have a set of brand new 1x1 twill carbon splitters as above in my garage if anyone's looking for them :)

Paul

Why not ditch the broken parts and use it to make some corner splitters like on P15ULT's old zed?

cruise-050.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have a set of brand new 1x1 twill carbon splitters as above in my garage if anyone's looking for them :)

Paul

do they only fit that bumper Paul? Could u pm me details ie price an pics at all. Cheers mate.