Baby on Route > > > > Time to Rethink Cars!

monkeybrain1234

I bought my Zed when my little one was two. I also bought a £250 micra so I didn't have to leave the zed in the train station carpark. I figured it would be a weekend toy or use on date nights (with the wife!). With a 2 year old, date nights rarely happened and if we did go somewhere I often wouldn't use the zed as pub or restaurant carparks were not somewhere I wanted to leave it. Alas after a year I realised doing 1000 miles a year in it was a waste so I bit the bullet and sold it. You may well find you are in the same position shortly as time really is at a premium when baby's come along.

Good luck with everything

Can see your point, however I use the Z as a daily. So at very least I can enjoy it on route to work and back. Which will keep me happy. 30miles a day

Freelancer for all the rest of driving. Except for Le man's, Wales blasts and Z meets. :D

Congratulations! We have a little one due in January... I don't really need to sell the Z but I'm tempted to once spring comes.

We're expecting our first one too in March, luckily we're already sorted on the vehicle side, wife has a Focus C-Max, and my van doesn't have a passenger airbag so baby seat can go in the front of there too. Little one won't be able to have a ride in the zed for a few years :( although I timed buying it perfectly as it was only 2 weeks before we found out she was pregnant!

Congratulations to you both. Z babies in Jan, Feb and March. :lol:

Having the zed as a daily commuter is so vital to me keeping my sanity being a father of 2.

Many people I knew told me it'd be illogical to keep my zed 8 yrs ago when first kid came along.

Totally the opposite.

As many will know, being a dad means WITHOUT A DOUBT your life and free time is going to change drastically.

BUT you will normally always have to commute.

Monday to Friday I leave to go to work.

The stresses of fatherhood evaporate as get into the zed.

It's guaranteed ME TIME.

Just me, the zed and the sounds of the V6 and my tunes.

I almost feel like it's a time capsule where I feel as young and free enjoying the drive now as I did 11 yrs ago before kids.

So if the finances allow.....this is deffo the way to go.

So what if it makes more practical sense having a 4x4 and a Micra instead........a man needs a little luxury in his life.

For the odd occasion you find voth you and the missus need kid capable cars theres always mini cabs.

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Like 1

Congratulations :)

Well my oldest is 19 and youngest 10. At no stage has the type of car I run affected our ability to transport the family.

The missus has no interest in cars and has always been happy to own the family wagon leaving me to own whatever I want.

Even when I did own 4 seat cars the kids rarely travelled in them anyway.

Edited by Zeezeebaba
  • Like 1

Having the zed as a daily commuter is so vital to me keeping my sanity being a father of 2.

Many people I knew told me it'd be illogical to keep my zed 8 yrs ago when first kid came along.

Totally the opposite.

As many will know, being a dad means WITHOUT A DOUBT your life and free time is going to change drastically.

BUT you will normally always have to commute.

Monday to Friday I leave to go to work.

The stresses of fatherhood evaporate as get into the zed.

It's guaranteed ME TIME.

Just me, the zed and the sounds of the V6 and my tunes.

I almost feel like it's a time capsule where I feel as young and free enjoying the drive now as I did 11 yrs ago before kids.

So if the finances allow.....this is deffo the way to go.

Totally agree with the above. The only time I get to enjoy my car is on my daily commute, hence I use my 997 turbo as my daily. Like you say, its guaranteed ME TIME. :thumbs:

• Like 1

There is a rear seat conversion for a zed,May be an option������

Is there! Pmsl that hilarious

Yep there really is,perhaps somebody could post the link on to this thread as I am not very computer literate,May be this the is could be the answer for some people ������

It is not a UK legal conversion, ...it was done by some guy in the USA first AFAIK and then has been repeated by a few others.

Link: http://my350z.com/fo...for-advice.html

350z_backseat2.jpg

There was one done in the UK awhile ago that "apparently" passed the MOT but honestly it's not a very safe or good idea imo. The guy in the USA did it for his dog to go in the back and I'd say that was all it was suitable for size wise or children but honestly if I had kids there is no way I'd let them ride like that.

Link to the story about the UK one but little info & no pics: http://www.350z-uk.c...ave-back-seats/

If you want 4 seats then just buy a 4 seater car imo. :thumbs:

Yep there really is,perhaps somebody could post the link on to this thread as I am not very computer literate,May be this the is could be the answer for some people 😱

Yup, somebody in the USA did a conversion......

http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/510059-2-2-backseat-project-lookin-for-advice.html

But it was for his dogs, not humans...