Anything wrong with buying a Zed from Ireland ?

Bandit

Hi all.

Seen this and wondered if there was anything I should know or look out for if buying from Ireland ?.

Is there any import duty, as I believe we are still in the EU (well only just).

Seems a very low mileage GT vert and well looked after.

Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-low-mileage-/172341232001?hash=item2820568181:g:guYAAOSwLnBX2HiW

Mine is a uk spec gt 2005 and it doesn't have audio controls on the steering wheel...

Sent from my iPhone using hammer and chisel!

Oh yes, I remember now - no controls on wheel for cabs

Mine did. It's the BT phone controls the cabs didn't get.

There's loads of info on this all over the web. No point in another thread on the matter.

There is a point, the OPs also asked for comments on the Zed, as well as info on where it's coming from.

The only thing there really is no point in doing, is posting saying there's no point.

• Like 1

The octane map question is one we've never really answered and it is important.

Are Irish cars different to ours over the water?

They must be otherwise we'd be debunking our own argument about blowing your engine to smithereens with the wrong octane fuel.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy one from the south unless it was a complete bargain. There used to be a higher octane fuel down there and then it was fazed out and now there is E85 fuel which is high octane again. Chances are the engine is fine, but there is always the possibility it's been used a bit too hard whilst on 95 fuel and it's really something you can find out or check for until it's too late.

As for the exhaust, if its OEM it's probably been welded up at the mid pipe, that may have left it a bit askew.

• Like 1

Its very expensive to own a 350Z in Ireland. Which can be a good thing as u don't have anyone trying to run them on a shoe string like they can in the UK.

I started the Irish 350Z club and still haven't encountered a Z with any engine issues, there's been a number on this forum with engine issues.....