Any thoughts on this Zed would be appreciated.

Bandit

Hi all.

As I said in my intro, im looking to buy a zed, I have looked on the forum cars and either to expensive for me or they are sold. So I have started to look on pistonheads and ebay.

I found this one on ebay I know its Cat d (is that the worse one ?), but its a good price and a fairly new car with not a lot of miles.

Here is the link (It wont let me post the link..) but here is the item number 322258311244

Thanks for any help.

Use the link button on the toolbar, it looks like a chain and a green circle with a white + sign and paste the link in.

For ebay links, you need to take all the text up to the end of the ad text/number, there will be a load of other text after that which if you copy makes the link fail.

• Like 1

Save up and get a good car from here. Plenty of nightmare stories on this forum about guys that have purchased what they thought was a good deal and spent fortunes getting it right and in some cases never did.

• Like 1

Not junction 17 buddy.Loads of horror stories on here.Avoid at all costs.Wherever you go post details of the dealer and car on here first.These are solid cars but need looking after and I would hate to see you burn your hard earned.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Hi Coldel. Thanks for the advice on the link, but it still wont work. I can get the link box up but when I insert the link I then cannot add it to he content, I cannot even close the link box then without closing the browser. Also I cannot use the quote button it wont allow me to add my reply to your original post. Humm must be doing something wrong.

Buy a car based on what you see, don't automatically assume it's a better car because the owner signed up to this website a year ago and made a few posts. There are and have been some sheds on here, just like anywhere else and buying from a member doesn't mean a trouble free experience either.

Just be cautious and do all your checks as there are good deals available everywhere and some members add a premium to their price because they think being a member makes their car worth more :shrug:

• Like 2

Hi Coldel. Thanks for the advice on the link, but it still wont work. I can get the link box up but when I insert the link I then cannot add it to he content, I cannot even close the link box then without closing the browser. Also I cannot use the quote button it wont allow me to add my reply to your original post. Humm must be doing something wrong.

Thats really odd, have you tried copying the full link text that Stu posted up and put that into your link box? Just copy paste CTRL C and CTRL V as usual. Assuming same problem happens have you tried a different browser? Are you doing it on a touch device?

Hi Coldel. No using Win 8 browser. Also I now cannot insert a smile either. I'll try Google Chrome or Firefox. Its odd as I could use the quote button and insert a smile the first few days I joined.

I have just signed in with Firefox...and my quote button works and my smileys.. :thumbs: WINDOWS IS S**it.

Hi Coldel. No using Win 8 browser. Also I now cannot insert a smile either. I'll try Google Chrome or Firefox. Its odd as I could use the quote button and insert a smile the first few days I joined.

I have just signed in with Firefox...and my quote button works and my smileys.. :thumbs: WINDOWS IS S**it.

YES and the link works. HOORAY..!!

http://www.ebay.co.u...bgAAOSwFdtX1TXI

I presume you're particularly keen on the bodykit? its not to my tastes but im not the one buying the car.

Persoally if you did go look at it, i'd want to see really good documentation about why its a CAT D and what repair work was carried out and by who. And then if you did like it i'd start with a really lowball offer, like £3.5k as I think you'd be doing the seller a huge favour by buying his car - he's going to have a very limited buying market considering its a CAT D with an OTT bodykit.

• Like 1

I presume you're particularly keen on the bodykit? its not to my tastes but im not the one buying the car.

Personally if you did go look at it, i'd want to see really good documentation about why its a CAT D and what repair work was carried out and by who. And then if you did like it i'd start with a really lowball offer, like £3.5k as I think you'd be doing the seller a huge favour by buying his car - he's going to have a very limited buying market considering its a CAT D with an OTT bodykit.

I would assume the damage was to the front that's why its got that type body kit. Is Cat D the most severe ?. but I agree with you .

no, cat D is the least severe, but still something worthy of writing the car off. could be a simple matter of being keyed across three panels and those panels being too costly to replace, or a crash of some kind. But the important thing to know is why it was written off, and make your own mind up. I'd agree a bodykit could be as a result of a crash, but regardless of the reason for the Cat D, unless you're a particular fan of the kit, i'd be looking at clean standard cars.

• Like 1

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/90106/cat-d-and-cat-c-cars-insurance-write-offs-explained

I am not against Cat D or Cat C cars, but if going that way would definitely want as much info as possible. Assuming its front end damage because of the bodykit is not really getting all the info. You should try find out the repairer, see if you can get details of what work was done, receipts, photos etc. What I would avoid is trying to buy the cheapest Z you can which is still stretching your budget then find £000s of repairs further down the line, that goes for non-cat cars too - a new clutch and flywheel on a Zed could be £800-£1000 including labour, do you have a slush fund you can call on for repairs to cars which generally cost a lot more than your average warm-hatch?

Ultimately, go in with your eyes open.