It's not going to T-cut out!

Bigjimg

Some silly female driver thought she would destroy the Z a week past on Saturday night in a brightly lit car park

with no other cars next to it, she managed somehow to reverse into the door and wing of my car :dry: when no one was in it or near it.

Luckily she was an honorable person and sought out my partner who had the car that night and admitted full liability.

New door and wing and respray required.

Got the go ahead from the lady's insurance yesterday to get it all sorted at a body shop of my choice, was a bit worried when I saw the estimate it might

get written off, but the assesor was an ex Nissan salesman and seamed to know his stuff.

So I have put the T-cut away for now :lol:

Happy to know there are still some honest people out there!

WING%20AND%20DOOR%20DAMAGED%204%20-%20Copy_zps33i1c9l0.jpg

Edited by Bigjimg

• 1 month later...

350%20SORTED%201_zpstisjnouh.jpg"]350%20SORTED%202_zpshzhf2ciz.jpg

After 5 days at the body shop the 350 is back looking pristine.Got the original grill colour coded too and front bumper resprayed while it was in, so it looks realy good with or without the Zunsport grill.

Very happy with the results.

Brand new door and wing and full side painted, and matched very well indeed by the guys I got to do it.

Forgot how quick the 350 was after driving a 2.0 rav4 turbo diesel courtesy car for a week.

Edited by Bigjimg
  • Like 1

You needed a whole new door and wing for that!

If you are going to get a job done , get it done right I say. The guys that I use for such jobs are perfectionists so they insisted for all new kit.

It was a helluva bill, glad I wasn't paying for it!

Edited by Bigjimg

Whiplash and injury claims is the reason insurance is so high , repair costs are as low as they have ever been in some cases lower , what the repair costs are listed as and what the insurance company actually pays is two different things , the days of whacking filler in is gone as well as its cheaper to buy new parts than use the labour cost to repair them

Must say the whole getting it sorted thing went very smoothly. Her insurance were great about the whole thing , hassle free.

Not so happy today though, parked up away from everyone as usual in a car park and came back to a small ding in the other wing :angry: :angry:

I would want new panels on my car too. Why settle for filler. It wasn't there before and the car should be as it was originally.. I pay a lot on insurance. Car' van'motorbike. If I claimed it would be a small proportion of what I've already paid not taking into account future payments

Must say the whole getting it sorted thing went very smoothly. Her insurance were great about the whole thing , hassle free.

Not so happy today though, parked up away from everyone as usual in a car park and came back to a small ding in the other wing :angry: :angry:

My brother in law (to be) had his brand new van hit by the bin lorry a couple of weeks ago outside his house, they owned up straight the way and paid for the repairs which is great. He collected it all fixed yesterday and on the way home from the body shop got hit up the arse by a driver at a junction who then just buggered off. He's gutted.