Hello from Staffordshire

Good afternoon

I've eneded up on the site once or twice following the purchase of my 370Z at the beginning of the year so figured I would join up and say hello.

Here's my car, its a fairly standard 370Z bar Project MU brakes and Berk hi-flow cats, fitted by the chap I bought it from. I used to be rather big into the modified car scene many years ago but being slightly older now I spent my money on motorbikes and I don't envisage me doing a significant amount to the car. They look and go pretty well out of the box I think!

I made the choice of the 370Z over a E90 M3. The Datsun is definitely the better looking car although the M3 trumps it in the performance department. In the end the Japanese reliability prevailed, after reading how troublesome and expensive the Beemers seem to be. I'm still over the moon with the car even after about 6-7 months of ownership and about 7-8,000 miles. All it's wanted so far is a pair of rear tyres...whoops! Ohh and a lot of wheel cleaning. The Project MU pads seem to be pretty dusty.

Things I like: Noise, Torque, Blips on the downshift, Handling, Bose, Women telling me my car is 'hot,' people generally looking at the car and thinking its worth a lot more money than it really is, keyless.....and perhaps the biggest one of all MPG! I'm really suprised how economical this car is given it's engine capacity. I use it every day and really expected it to be far worse.

Things I dislike: Not enough noise, SATnav with no postcode input, road noise, stero volume knob-occasionally makes the volume go up when I turn it down! Stupid f*******g boot release, visibility, inability to move steering reach

I did just try to put some pictures on from dropbox but it said this forum does not allow???

It's been a while since I've used my photobucket account. Also threw in a picture of my bike for those interested. It occasionally wears some fibreglass fairings for track days.

IMG_20160521_083759.jpg

20160529_145109.jpg

20150829_171837.jpg

Edited by Deee26

Welcome, nice car, nice bike, nice matching paintwork on them both :blush:

You say you don't plan to do anything to it.. but the first complaint you listed is so easily sorted... and there it starts.. lol

Also, if the 370 is anything like the 350 there may be a weight under the boot lid trim that can be easily removed (with as I see it so far no side effects) and it allows the boot to pop open every time without issues :thumbs:

Mark

Welcome, nice car, nice bike, nice matching paintwork on them both :blush:

You say you don't plan to do anything to it.. but the first complaint you listed is so easily sorted... and there it starts.. lol

Also, if the 370 is anything like the 350 there may be a weight under the boot lid trim that can be easily removed (with as I see it so far no side effects) and it allows the boot to pop open every time without issues :thumbs:

Mark

Thanks for the replies. I did investigate the bot issue when I first had the car as trying to open it with your hands full can be annoying. I read about people putting coins in to help the springs but then also read of it potentially causing damage and figured I'd rather the annoyance. I shall have to investigate the weight. As for the exhaust....well from time to time I do think about it, but it's a slippery slope!

I was quite shocked to read about the 'exhaust mod' over the internet. It made me laugh, all these people talking about putting spacers between exhaust pieces. I'd hardly considering a modification.

Hiya and welcome nice looking Zed,

Spotted a blue Zed on the A5 just outside Cannock a few weeks ago, may have been you.

Love the colour

I expect that was most likely me. I am always back and forth through Cannock and I've yet to see another blue one in the area in the past 6 months. What are you driving? *Edited* I've just seen a picture on your profile of a very similar looking car to mine!

Edited by Deee26
  • Like 1