Newbie to zed's

Hi everyone, going to test drive a 54 zed at the weekend and although I've read all the buyers guides and faqs I know what the difference between the engines are but haven't found anything about actual benefits over each of them other than the 06's can have the oil consumption issue, so if it's got the non revup which I assume it has from from what I've read, why would it be better or worse than choosing the revup etc?

Welcome :thumbs:

There are quite a few differences and although the road tax is higher, I would recommend a later 350z. The most important thing is to find a good example with the money you have. Shop about. Don't buy the first one you see. Happy hunting!

Hi and welcome along. I have a 55 plate roadster I have had no issues with my car apart from the dreaded axle click but that is going to be sorted this month along with a full P3 service. As above just don't rush into buying anything. That being said if it is right for you it's right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using hammer and chisel!

Tax running costs etc I don't mind, I currently have an rx8 :) I'm more after like the things you've mentioned like the axle and gearbox if you wouldn't mind elaborating on them? Are there any specific issues with the non revup de engines I should look out for? From what I've read the only real concerns were with the 06 models but most are sorted?

The de engines are bloody good strong engines and the gearboxes though notchy are strong. Revup models offer a bit more grunt and as said I think the notchy box issue was ironed out, but don't be put off by a notchy box...... not all are like that, mines is but I've learned how to change gear on mine and don't get any issues worth bothering about, although it used to p155 me off during early ownership, but now I'm fine with it. Buy on condition and backed up service history, not just a stamped service book, make sure all the reciepts are there too, or even better, buy one off a member on here, you'll know your getting an enthusiast's car and will more than likely have been properly looked after.

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

I don't mind notchy my rx8 is a little and I almost prefer it, I like to feel engineering work not just a silent something lol, grunt can be added though if I want it i suppose but I'll settle first with one then go from there, well the one I'm looking at is vg condition and seems to have all the stamps which I'll be checking out anyway.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I have just bought my 1st ZED and couldn't be happier with it. What a great car!! Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the South East area, preferably Canterbury or Whitstable please? The car came with 18 months warranty and the Clutch pedal has got stuck down a couple of times. I did read on another forum that replacing the Slave Cylinder, replacing hose with a braided one and using high temp fluid can solve this as the Cylinder is by the exhaust which may explain why this has only happened when the engine's hot? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks all,

Mark

Hi everyone,

I have just bought my 1st ZED and couldn't be happier with it. What a great car!! Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the South East area, preferably Canterbury or Whitstable please? The car came with 18 months warranty and the Clutch pedal has got stuck down a couple of times. I did read on another forum that replacing the Slave Cylinder, replacing hose with a braided one and using high temp fluid can solve this as the Cylinder is by the exhaust which may explain why this has only happened when the engine's hot? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks all,

Mark

Kaizer Motors is your man, Medway in Kent, I cross the bridge from Essex for my service from him and I cannot be more happier. Sure others travel further for some Kaizer love!

http://kaizermotor.co.uk/

You're right, I had the same issue and replaced the slave cylinder when I first bought mine a few years ago, sadly didn't spot it when I bought it (second hand private), but that was run cold.