Will the 350z increase value/stay as it is or devalue over time?

shaunr446

Had my 350z for over 2 years now, love it and very reluctant to sale.

Been offered £7000 for my 350z with nismo body kit. The car has 70,000 on the clock.

This is my second car so rarely drive it but should I hold on to it for a while and get more in the next couple of years or sale for £7000?

Help please

Thanks

its got a while to go before it starts going up in value - there are still a great number of them out there, they need to start getting hard to come by before they start going up in value.

perhaps if you hold onto it for another 10 years maybe it'll start going up again, otherwise i'd sell it now.

You wonder how much chance there is of becoming a classic, they make many more cars per model than they did say 30 years ago, also cars are designed to last longer anyway so more likely to be more of them around. Reckon you are looking at 25-30 years before a zed becomes collectible?

I think it depends on how cars evolve. Right now we're in the midst of the turbo and everyone (generally) is in love with big power on tiny engines. Once every car that's affordable has a dull I4T engine with an autobox attached, I suspect things like the 350Z will become very cherished.

• Like 2

On a related note - when does it become a "classic" car?

If by classic you mean Tax free then it's 40 years.

Pete

Was thinking more about when you could show it at a "Classic Car" show e.g. Tatton classic car show (near me)

http://events.tatton...006816000000000

Perhaps one day I could be parked next to Bodie's Capri :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-36092209

Edited by The Trouser

I'm sure the price of maintenance would probably negate any price increase even 10 years down the line!

^^^^^ Plus probably £500 of insurance every year.

They would have to shoot up in value to warrant keeping it and they wont do that for a few years but as Ekona says, in the not too distant future, a 3.5ltr sports coupe will probably be very desirable machine :)

I bought my 350z for 6.5k last month. Good condition.

But now on auto trader. They go as low as 4k! So perhaps a 2k lost within 1 month. I was expecting them to go up in Summer.

I bought my 350z for 6.5k last month. Good condition.

But now on auto trader. They go as low as 4k! So perhaps a 2k lost within 1 month. I was expecting them to go up in Summer.

There are some bargains but generally only the most early DE's with high mileage go for 4k, unless you massively overpaid then you won't have lost £2000 in a month. :)

I decided a while ago to keep mine indefinitely now. I've been through so may cars through the years trying to get better or faster etc until I got to the position where I realised unless I come into some money I'm never going to get anything better than the zed. It's in great nick, still looks stunning and I've had it since 2007. It's now garaged and its done less than 2k in the last year. I've got to the point where I don't care what it's worth because it will always be worth more to me than it is on paper because of the way it's been cared for.

It's worth remembering that inflation has an effect on the value of the car as well: A car purchased for £6K in 2012 may still be worth £6K today, but that £6K is only worth £5.5K in relative terms.

Not that that doesn't apply to every single thing anyone has ever bought in the history of the world, but it does mean that there has been some kind of depreciation even if it's only inflation based.

It's worth remembering that inflation has an effect on the value of the car as well: A car purchased for £6K in 2012 may still be worth £6K today, but that £6K is only worth £5.5K in relative terms.

Yes, I paid around 10k for a brand new Capri 2.8i in 1985. I got it at a reduced price as the Capri 2.8i Special was out by then, list price 12.5k. Good ones fetch from 12-15k some 30 years later, a Brooklands or Tickford one would probably fetch a lot more though as they are very rare (just like The GT4).

Pete

• Like 1