existing 350gt owner just joining to learn more on the z platform

hi, Im nick,

I've seen and used this site numerous times before for diagnosing problems etc for my motor but thought id join the forum for the ability to ask some questions that may not get answered on the skylineowners forum.

i have a black 350gt, imported from japan and I'm the first UK owner

thanks for welcomes, hi Jim, no i haven't yet, i have money going into all sorts of other things like saving for a house and just bought a z to break so moneys not exactly flowing right now, ill hopefully get it sprayed before the end of the year all going well though

I saw a lovely 350GT at a car show in Maldon a week ago. I really love the fact they have some semi useful rear seats, yet still look great. Shame they never bought them into the UK officially.

Aside from the body, are the mechanicals identical?

Ye its not often you see them at shows!!

The seats are one of the main reason i went for it over the z, i love the practicality of being able to take more than one person somewhere!!

Its a shame but at the same time its not! Another reason for choosing them was because its a car that is so rarely seen!! Nd with mine being the manual version, its even rarer so it stands out at car shows etc.

Basically the chassis is the same (z33) for all intents and purposes but the body is different and the inside is different but the running gear and engine etc are exactly the same, makes it easier to get parts for engine/ sus problems!!