Team building event

TomBorehamUK

I'm looking to arrange a team building / fun event for my team at work and was hoping I could tap in to some of the minds on here for some ideas...

Last year we all went go karting and had a blast, this year I'm trying to think of something different - the staff dynamic has changed a little since last year and we now have a few more "older people who might not enjoy pissing around in toy cars :lol: "

Paintballing was an idea though for the above reason might not be as popular, I'm looking for something a little more involving than Bowling, a meal out or going out for drinks - I'd like something where people have to work together or work against each other and have a laugh too. There are a few corporate events companies i've seen online that do things like gameshows. (Total wipe out, the Qube, it's a knockout etc) These look great but as budget is quite limited they're probably a no go.

So if you guys have any ideas i'm all ears :D

My work organised a treasure hunt in Chester using historic markers as clues. I thought it sounded lame as hell at the time, but it was actually really good. Definitely allowed me to get to know people I didn't really know too well, develop relationships and friends. And because we were split off into teams, it promoted team work above all else.

Karting is cool, but you're alone, in a car, competing against your work mates.

My work organised a treasure hunt in Chester using historic markers as clues. I thought it sounded lame as hell at the time, but it was actually really good. Definitely allowed me to get to know people I didn't really know too well, develop relationships and friends. And because we were split off into teams, it promoted team work above all else.

Karting is cool, but you're alone, in a car, competing against your work mates.

Ours did this a couple of years back, we all ended up outside the commercial drinking beer using Google.... As more and more teams got to that point the bigger the party got :lol:

I am not sure what the budget is but i used to be a boat skipper, we did a charter for jc morgan once, 3 boats and teams and they had a treasure hunt around southampton water and isle of sh*te, they got to go out on some lovely powerboats and have fun, but the team building aspect was there too.

Edited by Jetpilot

I did a few car based treasure hunts many years ago. Answer the clues, follow the route etc. All good fun. You could add a time penalty for people finishing too quick ( which is essentially a rally)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about go ape sort of thing or a sporting type of thing. My wife's firm have been to centre parks for a team building day, in which centre parks sorted all the stuff out. Also what about raft building or kayaking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure where you are based but our London office organises monthly walking tours around London, each will have a different theme such as Jack the Ripper etc. You could combine that with a team based quiz afterwards with the questions based on the tour.

Worth every penny mate, actually did it for my 40th. Takes around 3-4 hours in total, I wont give the game away but you get to use laser guns, air soft guns etc as well as night googles and other military equipment. The actors are brilliant, even from the minute you walk into reception to sign in they treat you like raw recruits. It was half way through I had to take a second to adjust my head space as I had genuinely gotten into role and it felt like the end of the world as we know it!

• Like 1

Host a debate where everyone states their religious and political beliefs. Preferably with a free bar but with no food provided.

Alternatively I've seen a few companies offer Segway based activities for team building events. I guess they have the 'fun factor' of karting but without the competitiveness. Or maybe some sort of 4x4 off roading?

I still think my first idea is the better option ;)

S.