EURO 2016

RS8055

I don't see why the FA/FIFA can't just bring in a rule saying that any chat back at the ref or bad language or disrespect to any player or official, no matter how small, is an instant yellow card. Once teams start going down to 7 vs 7 you'll soon see a change in behaviour, and managers will be just as important as refs to keep the players in line.

Do it for a couple of seasons, and watch the game changed for the better forever.

• Like 3

Yes if I could take one thing out the game its the abuse and disrespect that players give to the players. It is right there for all to see at every game absolutely disgusting language - every time a linesman makes a call the player is gesticulating at them. And how many times the player is wrong...

I don't see why the FA/FIFA can't just bring in a rule saying that any chat back at the ref or bad language or disrespect to any player or official, no matter how small, is an instant yellow card. Once teams start going down to 7 vs 7 you'll soon see a change in behaviour, and managers will be just as important as refs to keep the players in line.

Do it for a couple of seasons, and watch the game changed for the better forever.

It's always happened in Rugby.

Great game, Germany with all the possession well and truly had a number done on them. Not often you say Low made a squad selection error but lack of strikers in the squad hurt them tonight with Gomez out injured.

Definitely a penalty, you cant lead with your hands up above your head if defending a cross. If you watch before he even got near the player he was waving his hands deliberately up there realising he had lost his man. Penalty all day and a great decision.

I've hated the BBCs coverage much less than ITV. That's almost entirely down to Andy Townsend though! I actually enjoyed the coverage most when I was in France, couldn't understand a word of it :lol:

France FTW.

I want Portugal to win. Ronaldo is one of, if not the greatest player I've ever seen, and I'd love to see him win a major international trophy. This is his last realistic chance, so I hope he gets to lift it tonight.

BBC > ITV

I want Portugal to win. Ronaldo is one of, if not the greatest player I've ever seen, and I'd love to see him win a major international trophy. This is his last realistic chance, so I hope he gets to lift it tonight.

BBC > ITV

Agreed about the player part. Also one of the most annoying posey tarts to ever have graced a wendyball field, and on that purely illogical basis I hope Portugal lose. :D
  • Like 2

:lol:

Posey tart and unsportsmanlike on the field I agree, but a nice guy otherwise. Did you see him mucking around with the kids who invaded the team photo the other day? :lol: Cheeky sods, but he took it well.

No, I didn't, he does seem to come across well when interviewd but did you see him throw the microphone of a Portugese tv guy into a river a couple of weeks ago!? He didn't take that very well :lol: can only think there must have been some "history" there but not a well thought out response :wacko:

I've said it before (a lot) and I'll say it again (probably a lot), ITV just cannot do sport. BBC coverage isn't great these days but it still ****** all over ITV.

I'd like to see Ronaldo win a proper international trophy, so France will probably win (in a terribly dull affair where they sneak the winner in the 119th minute with not a single other highlight to the game :lol:).

That came out of absolutely no where that goal - great shot.

Happy for Ronaldo.

Does this settle the Ronaldo Vs Messi argument?

Seeing as Ronaldo has now won an international tournament and Messi has retired international football without an international trophy to his name...

Oh my god. Football did not win tonight, the eyesore that is Portugal who played for penalties from the first minute fluke a winner. That said, Didier putting on Gignac AGAIN when he is clearly not international class, Corman again who is not international class either. Some utterly shocking French subs.

That came out of absolutely no where that goal - great shot.

Happy for Ronaldo.

Does this settle the Ronaldo Vs Messi argument?

Seeing as Ronaldo has now won an international tournament and Messi has retired international football without an international trophy to his name...

Irrelevant. What if the next player to score 1000 club goals in the champions league is from Fiji, they wont win a trophy but you wouldn't say they are the best player.

...and Ronaldo didn't play most of the game, and one game aside in the tournament was ineffective.

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1