Hi,

Names Chris, currently own a Clio 197 but taking the plunge and planning on buying a 350 GT in the next few days.

Had alook at the buying guide, very nice. This will really help. Cheers guys

Hoping to go see one in Chorley over the weekend. 50K,Grey "07" for £9000. Not sure if its the GT though. Anything I need to be looking out for to determine?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, I recently bought my HR a couple months back and have had to fork out £700-800 on replacing the internal oil gallery gaskets as they are a common fault on the HR's. The oil pressure will be low if this is a potential issue, mine was as low as 13/14 psi on idle so bear that in mind when viewing! :)

• Like 1

Welcome ... if it's a 2007 check it has the bulge bonnet and twin air intakes, otherwise it's a late registered 2006 and worth less ... I like black but the most sought after colours are Midnight Blue or Pearl White

• Like 1

There are three specifications of 350z

03-05 is DE

06 is the rev up I think which offers slightly more power than DE

07-09 is the HR (309bhp, bonnet bulge, twin air intake, 7500 rpm)

And then you have the GT pack which is a factory extra (cruise control, Ray's, heated leather seats ect)

I'm not the most knowledgeable about Z's as I haven't owned one for long so if anyone has to correct me few free :)

Just wanted to give you the heads up on the common low oil pressure fault as I didn't factor in for spending £800 after purchasing my Z, as well as the higher tax for the HR (£530 mine is, just incase you weren't aware of that)

Hope this helps a bit, like I said there may be things I have missed or may not be 100% correct as some 07 cars are not HR and have the Rev up engine.

Quite new to the lingerdy, Whats HR?

Based on condition and service history ect I would say your looking at £9000 for a well looked after example and about 7500-8500 for one with a few scratches and little history. I paid £8000 for my 08 350z which has 94000 miles and some modifications done to it, body work could be better but nothing major. Just have a look around at similar 07 plate 350z with similar milage and compare :)

Out of curiosity, what would I be expecting to pay for a later model mid milage good condition coupe. Just as a ball park figure. Hoping between 7500 - 9000.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome I also recently bought my HR a couple months back 91k on the clock full Nissan service history and have done a P3 service and changed he standard/stock exhaust to a cobra resonated cat back at cougar store Leicester. I plan to change clutch in about 6 months as the release baring is a little noisy. Excellent choice

Welcome aboard Chris. :welcome:

This is worth looking at to help you when looking at Zeds for sale & their service records: http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/

It's the service schedule for the 350Z so will let you know what things should be done depending on the mileage or age (whichever comes first). Can help with bargaining too as if you know the car should have had a spark plug change & hasn't for example then that's around £220 odd from a Nissan dealer so you could ask for that off the cars price.

Going to have a look at 2008 350 with 62000 on odometer on Fri/Sat. Secured the car with a small deposit to get first refusal. Other than the usual things as listed above and on the For sale thread, is there anything else I should be looking out for on this particular model.