My Z getting refurbished

shad0wca7

It's a 2003 and has done 123,000 miles. It's my daily driver which I bought in 2010 with 40k on the clock. It's been flawless overall but it's about time I started taking a little more care of it. It's all mechanically sound but it's picked up some dings and scrapes along the way. I figured I would treat it to a full refurb at Motura in Bournemouth - actually after seeing an ad on facebook and then going and visiting Jamie there.

Here's the short list of what's being done:

â˜Bumper scruffs, slightly misshapen and reseating etc

â˜New number plate fitting (front)

â˜Colour-code parking sensors

â˜Scrapes around fuel filler door

â˜Bonnet bubbling at the front and rear (probably needs a respray)

â˜Wheel refurbishment

â˜Headlight refurbishment

â˜Dents on passenger side small (door panel and rear arch)

â˜Paint scrape on passenger side rear quarter

â˜Door handles dinged / scraped - refurbishment

â˜Scrapes on wing mirrors

â˜Key scratches around drivers side handle

â˜Key scratches at boot

â˜Windscreen wiper arms

â˜Couple of chips on the windscreen

â˜Z badges resprayed

Now for some pictures. Before (not looking too bad really but this is the good side. The other side of the bumper wasn't very nice):

IMG_0468.jpg

During:

13245377_824880364311168_3857280749237852589_n.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

And... my whip in the meantime!

IMG_0110.jpg

This little Aygo is actually pretty neat.. I have to say I don't hate it (that's a compliment)

Watch this space!

Edited by shad0wca7
  • Like 3

Looks like a lot of work! Mine is in a similar shape as a daily driver; it's mechanically sound but has a few scrapes and dings here and there. I'd be interested to know how much this costs?

Looks like a lot of work! Mine is in a similar shape as a daily driver; it's mechanically sound but has a few scrapes and dings here and there. I'd be interested to know how much this costs?

Jamie and I agreed £850 cash (including the courtesy car) but he might be regretting that! It's been in since Monday 0900 and isn't ready to come out yet. He seems to really appreciate attention to detail (and spotted a few things that I hadn't). I'm pretty excited!

Wow, Bournemouth is a hell of a long drive away, but that is a cracking deal, assuming that proper prep work is done and this isn't just a blow over type job, otherwise it wont stay looking good for that long.

I've got the car back now!

Rather than repeat what I've said, I'm going to copy my review that I've left on facebook:

Let's add another 5* review to the pile! It's well deserved.

My 350z was looking a little tired after a few years of less than stellar care, for which I accept full blame. I was impressed from the start when within seconds of meeting Jamie, his sharp eyes picked out things that needed attention that I'd managed to completely miss.

Communication was great throughout the entire time and I loved seeing my car in progress. I really appreciated that the job wasn't rushed and it took as long as it needed to. The results speak for themselves.

The car looks better than when I bought it and the work done (passion package + front-end respray + a few other details like door handles and lights being refurbished) has taken 10 years off the car. I was a little staggered when I picked it up and had a stupid grin all the way home. Very happy.

IMG_0134.jpg

• Like 1

Wow excellent loos immaculate :boxing:- How much did it cost in the end if you don't mind PM me please with details) I am interested :D

£850 cash, which included the Aygo (neat little car) for as long as the job took. Great deal.

• Like 2

I think if i emailed anyone about a "Passion Package" the missus would have a few a few things to say :lol: . Looks great though and a good service to offer, I've been

looking at ways to correct the abuse of the last 7 years commuting and the costs are in the area i had in mind.

I think if i emailed anyone about a "Passion Package" the missus would have a few a few things to say :lol: . Looks great though and a good service to offer, I've been

looking at ways to correct the abuse of the last 7 years commuting and the costs are in the area i had in mind.

It's when you get an invoice or credit card bill that says passion package on that you are in real ****

I've got the car back now!

Rather than repeat what I've said, I'm going to copy my review that I've left on facebook:

Let's add another 5* review to the pile! It's well deserved.

My 350z was looking a little tired after a few years of less than stellar care, for which I accept full blame. I was impressed from the start when within seconds of meeting Jamie, his sharp eyes picked out things that needed attention that I'd managed to completely miss.

Communication was great throughout the entire time and I loved seeing my car in progress. I really appreciated that the job wasn't rushed and it took as long as it needed to. The results speak for themselves.

The car looks better than when I bought it and the work done (passion package + front-end respray + a few other details like door handles and lights being refurbished) has taken 10 years off the car. I was a little staggered when I picked it up and had a stupid grin all the way home. Very happy.

IMG_0134.jpg

This looks spot on!! Cant wait to get this booked in - did you go down on the day get a quote and leave it there or did you go down get a quote then go back to drop it off?

This looks spot on!! Cant wait to get this booked in - did you go down on the day get a quote and leave it there or did you go down get a quote then go back to drop it off?

I went down and got a quote - shook on it and booked it in to be dropped off 2 weeks or so from there (no space till then).

• 4 weeks later...