Bodykit choice, Yes or No

GTOpezzer

Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the net over the past few weeks in search of a Bodykit for my 2005 blue 350z.

I've narrowed it down to just 2 choices. . . . . My favourite one is the Ibherdesign "HAVOC" (standard - not wide)

My 2nd choice is the Duraflex R35 (GTR Look)

Personally, I. LOVE the Havoc kit - but after reading some of the comments on the American Z forum, , , , will it really look like a TRANSFORMER!!??

I, d appreciate your opinions and ideas on this (before I part with my hard earned dollar)

Has anybody else on here bought and fitted either of these?? As I'm also concerned about the cost of fitting and painting.

Cheers,

Perry

The Havoc kit won't make your car look like a Transformer, unless there's one called Optimus Fuglycar or maybe Starscreamingcoshelooksamess.

;)

I jest, each to their own. If you love it, then go for it! It's your money, as long as you're happy then who cares what other people think? :)

• Like 1

A quick Google suggests to me that the Havoc only really works in wide body format, otherwise the bumpers just look far too overdone. The GT-R look for me is a straight 'no'. As ever though, your car so do what you want. Modifying is only fun because of that possibility :)

Perry it's your car so buy whichever kit you like the best imo.

As Jetpilot said though be wary about your budget for fitting/prepping & painting though as most aftermarket kits will need a fair amount of work to get them fitting nicely. If you haven't already I'd be going round local bodyshops to see about getting some quotes for the fitting & painting.

Good luck with your decision. :thumbs:

The Havoc kit is horrendous and making ones car looking a more expensive/powerful car is tasteless to me but it's all about what you want.

I'd never ask a question on a forum asking for other people's opinion on what direction I should take my car in because there'll be so many different opinions and you're no better off.

So really it's up to you.

Edited by TT350

Imho, whatever cost your allowing for fit and paint, double it, expect work to get either to fit well.

don't suppose I could allow a £100 cost for the job then, , , , as I don't think I'll be worried if that ends up being doubled!!! Lol
  • Like 1

:wacko: :wacko: Oh Dear. . . All seems a bit negative :headhurt:

I want it to be a bit different - but I've also got to consider the resale value in a few years ;), , , and I don't want it to be a Laughing Stock either :wacko::scare:

It's already got a Nismo style kit - with a boot spoiler, and just the little Spatz pieces by the wheels. . . But in Fibreglass!!! - so you can imagine the state of them, as they've suffered from stone chips :scare:

So come on then guys - tell me what will look good ;)

Imho, whatever cost your allowing for fit and paint, double it, expect work to get either to fit well.

don't suppose I could allow a £100 cost for the job then, , , , as I don't think I'll be worried if that ends up being doubled!!! Lol

You can allow whatever you want, just depends if you want to be realistic ;) just pointing out that any verbal quote you get "may" alter drastically once the bodyshop has the kit and car in hand and starts to try and fit, talking from bitter experience.

If you fancy either kit, go for it, your buying the car for you not who owns it next :) the problem is the 350 is a good looking car to start with, so to move too far from oem ish looks will get the above kind of reaction, no different to veilside which a handful on here have and gets the same reaction.

If it has a Nismo kit, just leave it and get the stone hips sorted by spraying the front end, then get a clear protection wrap to prevent them from happening again. This will cost you less than buying that horrible Havok kit, never mind trying to fit it.

• Like 1

If it has a Nismo kit, just leave it and get the stone hips sorted by spraying the front end, then get a clear protection wrap to prevent them from happening again. This will cost you less than buying that horrible Havok kit, never mind trying to fit it.

Well, that was my original idea - but also replace the spats with the full length Nismo side skirts.

But the fibreglass has to go!!!! It's far too rigid - even a high speed head-on with a Bumblebee will cause cracking :wacko:

Im keeping the boot spoiler on, as it suits the car with the mirror image contours of the rear lights :)

But I've got the urge to change the front, full length sideskirtsside skirts and some kind of rear apron / valance B)

How about the Veilside (Non Wide Version) Front, Sides & Rear - but still with the Nismo Boot Spoiler???? :blush::p

You're never going to get 100% positive reactions to extreme kits like those. If you like it then go for it, but be aware of how much they cost to fit, difficulty in selling the car and that some people will think it looks **** ;)

You can allow whatever you want, just depends if you want to be realistic ;) just pointing out that any verbal quote you get "may" alter drastically once the bodyshop has the kit and car in hand and starts to try and fit, talking from bitter experience.

If you fancy either kit, go for it, your buying the car for you not who owns it next :) the problem is the 350 is a good looking car to start with, so to move too far from oem ish looks will get the above kind of reaction, no different to veilside which a handful on here have and gets the same reaction.

the veilside Zeds that are on here are still attracting more viewers then standard Zeds or slightly modified Zeds and I for one wouldn't compare the above 2 kits to this...

on days out/car shows/meets....and I am speaking from my own experience...with my first Zed which had a Veilside wide bodykit I always had a lot of positive feedback everywhere I go and I am not sure why some of the members here dislike it so much...

these 2 bodykits on here are a different story - one wants to transform your Zed into a GTR lookalike and another...well....not sure you can even call it a decent bodykit/upgrade...more of a downgrade...

Of course a car with a body kit is going to attract more viewers than a standard one. If I went to a meet and there was a Havoc kit on display I'd certainly have a good look around it, it's still the most disgusting creation ever made.

• Like 3

on days out/car shows/meets....and I am speaking from my own experience...with my first Zed which had a Veilside wide bodykit I always had a lot of positive feedback everywhere I go and I am not sure why some of the members here dislike it so much...

these 2 bodykits on here are a different story - one wants to transform your Zed into a GTR lookalike and another...well....not sure you can even call it a decent bodykit/upgrade...more of a downgrade...

I am with you :)

You cant argue opinion and if you like it thats all the matters but you say yourself, "some" members, which i would put my right nut on being most members, think its god awful, much the same as the havoc and gtr which is why i mentioned it in context, you never going to see why its disliked if you think it looks good.

It was the same on the Rx7 forum when it came to Veilside kits, i wouldnt even say a majority, it was pretty much universally disliked and to be honest i dont think its any different on here, cant be coincidence its known as Failside, its just too fast and furious wanna be, at least the Havoc is different and the gtr, well imho the less said the better.

None of the above is meant as criticism, its good we all like different stuff.

Edited by Jetpilot