Hi I'm new here, thinking of a Z again

Hi my name is John and i joined ages ago as i was thinking of buying a Z.

It never happened but i'm considering it again.

Just after some advice on which one to buy as i remember there are 3 engines....?

Just which to avoid or go for plus any other advice very welcome

Thanks John

All 3 variants are good engines, none of them have inherent faults that would stop one from buying them, however, IMO the HR engine (2007 on with humped bonnet) is the one to go for if your budget stretches to it. If not the 2006 facelift would be the next choice due to the updated interior and lights, but some can burn oil, but not at rotary speeds.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard John. :)

Definitely need to know your rough budget price really before commenting on what Zed to get. Whichever one you end up deciding to go for though buy on condition, service history etc and don't get too hung up on the mileage. ;)

Veiled Z has reminded me of the tax, the only Zed I would urge you not to buy is a late registered pre facelift, i.e. the original 2003-2005 model thats been registered after March 2006 and therefore is in the highest tax bracket of £500 rather than £300. All facelifts and HR's will be in the high tax band, however, it's worth it for the Upgrades in both engine and design.

Veiled Z has reminded me of the tax, the only Zed I would urge you not to buy is a late registered pre facelift, i.e. the original 2003-2005 model thats been registered after March 2006 and therefore is in the highest tax bracket of £500 rather than £300. All facelifts and HR's will be in the high tax band, however, it's worth it for the Upgrades in both engine and design.

Mine must've been registered just prior to that, as it's an 06 DE yet it's low road tax.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Mine must've been registered just prior to that, as it's an 06 DE yet it's low road tax.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

But yours isn't a RevUp motor and therefore shouldn't be higher tax band, unless it was late registered, which is a bit of a slap in the face for some owners.

Edited by KyleR