TECHNOOOOOO

Bobby D

Just wondering if there are many tech heads driving about in Zeds? Mixing apart from my Zed is my biggest passion!

Not many of us about, so would be awesome to see how many of us there is? Nothing better than Driving round in the Zed, whilst the suns out listening to a bit of Richie Hawtin or Nina Kraviz 😂

Likewise Bobby, Richie the legend along with Vath, Ben Sims, Marco Carola, Dave Clark, Laurent Garnier, Cox etc etc.......

I see Nina was signed to Cocoon a while ago.... Always keep tabs on Cocoon and the Vath Master :clap:

• Like 1

I recently used a detailer to fix some clear coat issues. He had this quote on his web site:

What a fantastic job Chris! So good that I had to take her out and show off your work! And boy, she did turn heads tonight! Thanks again, very happy!!â€

Carl Cox (DJ) (Lotus Cortina)

I for one would love to see Carl Cox fit himself in a Cortina.

• Like 1

Awwww wasso! ✌

She has indeed, as well as starting her own label, TpNn! I also just saw all them Djs you mentioned apart from Ben Sims at Time Warp Germany last month! Plus many many more!

Techno = Life

• Like 1

I'm jealous, always wanted to hear the roots of techno on German soil.

When I travelled Europe for 6 month in 1999 we wanted to visit Tresor in Berlin, man what a club! Deep @*!# I tell you. We also wanted to see another long standing Techno club in Berlin but it had closed down. But still Tresor was a treat and still going to this day.

Keep an eye out for "I Love Techno" in Ghent, Belgium. Fantastic event held normally around the end of October, the "best of the best" congregate for 5 arenas of pure heavenly techno.

Oh they were the days.... :band:

I went last year 🙈 I love techno and time warp where the best partys I've ever been too! Beats any uk lead event!

Living in Germany has its benefits. Not done Berlin yet, going in June tho for a Sven roof top party, which Nina Kraviz and a few others will be playing before! Munich and Stutgart are unbelievable for techno too!

Cleaning my car to Marco Corola now haha

Edited by Bobby D

When you say Techno, do you mean like hardcore and hard house and gabber and all that?

The very first CD I bought was Music For The Jilted Generation. Went down hill after The Fat Of The Land.

Edited by TT350

I went last year 🙈 I love techno and time warp where the best partys I've ever been too! Beats any uk lead event!

Living in Germany has its benefits. Not done Berlin yet, going in June tho for a Sven roof top party, which Nina Kraviz and a few others will be playing before! Munich and Stutgart are unbelievable for techno too!

Cleaning my car to Marco Corola now haha

When in June..... I could do with one last event (age concern :lol: )

Said I would do just one more.... Roof tops seems a little more relaxed than Amnesia!

ILT also agree a VERY well organised event, far better than the UK like you say. Back in the day it was like €20 to spend 12hrs dancing your tits off!

Love a bit of Techno!Still quite "new" to me though lol. Went from house to tech-house to techno. Normally just go to Wharehouse Project and Packed lunch events. Seen Nina kravis,Clark and Jamie Jones a few times

Would love to go to one of the big events Germany.

Could do a zed roadtrip that finishes at timewarp? :lol:;)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When you say Techno, do you mean like hardcore and hard house and gabber and all that?

The very first CD I bought was Music For The Jilted Generation. Went down hill after The Fat Of The Land.

No, Techno, all of the above are other genres.

Sven Vath (God of techno) all rounder

Richie Hawtin - Electronic Guru also plays a large amount of minimal or abstract

Dave Clarke, Jeff Mills, hard and fast

Laurent Garnier - Mixed, but an arrogant bastard!

Marco Carola - Mixed but generally hard

Carl Cox - huge all rounder, much loved for his enthusiasm and personality LEGEND!

There's plenty more but each to their own style.

Deano, techno is the future and Wasso has summed it up spot on!

TimeWarp is like another world! We started at 10pm for Nina Kravis and walked out after a 6hr Marco carola set at 1400 the following day! After party's then where mental! So if we want a Zed meet ending at TimeWarp I'll arrange it haha!

Or the next meet I attend I'll just bring my CDJs and we can just party, whilst I mix away hahaha

Edited by Bobby D

Deano, techno is the future and Wasso has summed it up spot on!

TimeWarp is like another world! We started at 10pm for Nina Kravis and walked out after a 6hr Marco carola set at 1400 the following day! After party's then where mental! So if we want a Zed meet ending at TimeWarp I'll arrange it haha!

Or the next meet I attend I'll just bring my CDJs and we can just party, whilst I mix away hahaha

Haha sounds good! I'd be on either,

Or both.

Start your own techno club stand at the next big show/meet lol.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Back in the day (mid to late 1990's) I used to go to raves when I could & listened to quite a lot of happy hardcore, techno & trance music.

Got rid of most of my old tapes but kept back a few that I just had a look for. Found that most of the ones I have left are happy hardcore but I do have a couple of techno tapes namely: "Reactivate II" mixed by Cochi and "Hardcore Fever" mixed by DJ Freak.

Dave Clarke & Carl Cox ring bells with me but some of the other DJ's mentioned I honestly haven't a clue who they are. So out of touch with it nowadays. :lol:

I like minimal and tech house.

I always thought "techno" was a word used by older folk to describe electronic music.

I suppose you could in a way. Techno, like House, like Drumb and Bass are the roots of their genre, they have all expanded over the years.

Bobby, more info on June god damn!