Any 350z for sale?

Stephanie

Hi Everyone! I've only recently joined the forum. I'm after a low mileage 350Z pre 2006 with GT spec. Ideally as close to Surrey as possible but will travel for the right one. Looking around the £5-7K mark. Is there a section on here for 350's for sale? Many thanks in advance! Looked into the insurance section for tips and tricks on getting the insurance down. No matter what I put in or who I add on still seems to be in excess of £2K fully comp. I am a youngen which is probably why, 20yrs old, female, KT23 postcode, 1 years NCD, held license for almost 4 years. Any help much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum

Insurance at 20 on a 350Z likely to be horrible and even then, the insurer may insist on a black box which pretty much downgrades the car to a 1.1

Just out of curiosity - why a 350Z ?

To be fair £2k for a 20 year old with only 1 year NCB isnt too bad. I payed £1200 for my first year insurance when i was 24 with 6 years NCB.

It gets much cheaper the next year on though...

Good luck with your search.

I would recommend giving Multicar from admiral a go through there site i put both my parents on my car (they have 30+ years each) saved me a fortune in insurance I am £257 for the year now and 23 years old fully comp and all mods declared.

Good luck finding your Z

Welcome to the forum, good luck with the search.

i got a good insurance price from Hastngs direct, but then again, i'm an Oldun not a youngen!!

Cheers Paul, il have a hunt around and see what I can get it down to. My first years insurance at 17 was £900 fully compl main driver, but that was a seat Ibiza... Only slightly different 😂

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, don't get fully focused on low mileage cars. As in your FB post, you said yourself, a 60k car that was abused around the track and not serviced right would be in far worse condition than a car with 100k on the clock which was used as a daily looked after.

My Zed is just over 70k miles, I only do about 4-5k miles per year, but I still service it twice per year and it's been supercharged for nearly 3 years now with zero problems.

Regarding insurance... As said above, try admiral. When I got mine, I actually forgot to do insurance check before I bought it :lol: and at the start I was getting over £2k quotes. I went with admiral and it was 1600...I then added my mum as a "named driver" and it went down to 800. So give that a go, unless you already tried it.

• Like 1

On the insurance side. Make sure you put down the estimated milage correct. If its a weekend or fun car that you will only be doing 5k per year in then insure for that as the difference between that and say 12k miles per year can be a few hundred quid in your pocket.

Welcome along Stephanie. I hope you find what you are looking for. Try and go for good service history and a tidy appearance. A forum members car is always a bonus as they usually are a pampered vehicle and well maintained . Please avoid buying from a car dealership called Junction 17, as they have a H :scare:rrific reputation. :)

£2k is a good price for what u have, I have 9 NCB & been driving 10 years & my cheapest quote was £650 with all mods declared, but one cheapest after that was £1900! Have u given Adrian flux a try? They have always been the cheapest on performance/modified cars.

Welcome to the forum. I have been with Bell for a few years now (a sister company of Admiral). I am 28, with 6yrs no claims, £300 fully comp. I bought the Zed around 3yrs ago (so 3 yrs no claims at 25 yrs old) and I think I was paying around £490. Well worth shopping around, using comparison sites etc.

Good luck on your hunt!

Welcome Stephanie, take your time if you can to find the right zed. Took me a few weeks and few hundred miles of traveling. Only insurance tips I can give is move in with your other half and stick them on as a named driver and relation 'Co habiting/ civil partner' dropped my quote from £650 to £400. 25y/o 7yr ncb :)

I ended up buying a 05' de with 56k miles for £7k although needed some prep such as tyres and a little paintwork (good tyres aren't cheap)

Welcome to the forum your the first female z owner/member I've came across to be honest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Errm. I think you'll find there are quite a few ladies on here!!!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum

Insurance at 20 on a 350Z likely to be horrible and even then, the insurer may insist on a black box which pretty much downgrades the car to a 1.1

Just out of curiosity - why a 350Z ?

Oh no I've found loads without black boxes, wouldn't even get one if I had to have a black box fitted 😂

I've loved them for years and said to myself when I came to University that I'd buy myself one as a graduation present to myself, made it a goal, saved up and now we're here.

Just think they are stunning cars and you get a lot of speed for your money shall we say😠wouldn't buy anything other than jap or German either.