Tax/Offshore Accounts

Jetpilot

Cameron has done nothing wrong?

Apart from lecturing us all on how evil tax avoidance is, publicly criticising a comedian who had money invested in practically the same scheme and then having the effrontery to claim it all as a "private matter" that excludes him from explaining himself.

Aye, nothing wrong. Righty-ho.

• Like 4

Definitely needs to go, this lot have taken the "P" long enough, just totally hacked off by the fact that a working guy gets hammered for tax, if anyone who is required to do a return, sends it in late, they get hammered....... Yet the likes of Cameron can do it, albeit his parents, but he bloody knew what was going on.

Double standards all the time ...... And then when we start asking questions, thinks he can hide behind "its a private matter" Grrrrrrrr rant over.

Cameron has done nothing wrong?

Apart from lecturing us all on how evil tax avoidance is, publicly criticising a comedian who had money invested in practically the same scheme and then having the effrontery to claim it all as a "private matter" that excludes him from explaining himself.

Aye, nothing wrong. Righty-ho.

Is anyone here really surprised at Cameron and co??

The only public sector workers to get a pay rise in recent years are politicians. The only people in the public sector work who can get away with claiming travel/living/holiday costs are politicians. The only people who think its acceptable to turn up and meet a group of people who are about to loss their jobs in a shiny new Jag are politicians - Though to be fair the Jag is probably paid for by the taxpayer, and all other travel costs are been claimed for.

Ce9v5A_W8AA307V.jpg

I certainly didn't realise just what a good job the lib dems had done in keeping this bunch of crazies in check. Emigrating to another country has never seemed more appealing....

Should be a new rule. Every **** is PAYE or No **** is. We'll all pay ourselves £10k a year and write a cheque for 20% of our dividends to HMRC - then we'll see how long the government can afford to fund shite like Trident & the Olympics.

It is one massive crock of s**t.

It will always be "money talks". My clients are the wealthiest in the country, one went to court to explain to the Government why his skills were needed to help the economy grow after the 2008-2011 recession, when he got back in to the car he got on the phone to his friend who questioned how his court appearance went to which he replied "What a load of @*!# "You need my skill sets to help the economy recover", time for us to make some more money now, green light has been given"

Said person made £900 million in 15 years and I think it's disgusting really. No matter how good you are, no one is worth that amount.

Greed, that's all it is. Personal wealth should be capped at £100 million.

Yet my last role before I started up on my own bought Park Place in Henley-On-Thames for £140 million. £140 million for a 200 acre estate and 1 house with 3 small houses, how is that justifiable?

It's getting ridiculous, absolutely disgusting but it's the way the world has always worked.

The problem we have now is that, the gap between poor and rich is getting bigger but there is 1000 times more poor people than there is wealthy. The way it is going, we will have big problems in the future.

Tax havens are created in the worlds poorest countries to help boost their own economy and it will never be banned, because no government will sign it off, ever.

Because Governments/Gov parties are funded by huge financial companies/CEOs.

Edited by Jewell

Tax havens are created in the worlds poorest countries to help boost their own economy and it will never be banned, because no government will sign it off, ever.

It's a shame Dave and Gideon are powerless to do more, if only they were the two most powerful people in the UK government. It's not like over 50% of the companies in this leak reside in British Crown Dependencies.

Oh, hang on...

So assuming we do away with tax havens, what then?

Some companies and people do actually pay the full tax amount on their earnings there, exactly like CMD has. If we remove those havens, the UK coffers will simply not get that tax at all. Better some than nothing.

Also, the Olympics were absolutely brilliant.

Said person made £900 million in 15 years and I think it's disgusting really. No matter how good you are, no one is worth that amount.

Yes comrade!

:lol:

Come on, of course they are! If you take the risks, you should reap the rewards. Everyone who makes big bucks has made sacrifices to get there, the one exception being inherited money but even then someone at some point had to take a chance.

Stunned how this massive revelation (and opportunity for transparency) has been brushed aside in the pursuit of getting one man, by even the flimsiest connection...David Cameron.

People truly are absolute dicks. May they all live in interesting times, they deserve it.

Edited by Juggalo
  • Like 1

That "everyone who makes big bucks has made sacrifices" statement is a bit sweeping, even for you!

For every genuine entrepreneur millionaire, there'll be 3 mafia bosses, 4 human traffickers and 5 members of FIFA :lol:

Some people are talented at art, some at woodwork, some at swimmimg, some at business.

You want to punish those who are good at business?

Sounds like jealousy to me..and communism.

Stunned how this massive revelation (and opportunity for transparency) has been brushed aside in the pursuit of getting one man, by even the flimsiest connection...David Cameron.

People truly are absolute dicks. May they all live in interesting times, they deserve it.

Why would anyone go after an elected politician who's repeatedly lied about something and then been exposed as a liar. I think you've misunderstood who the dicks are in that scenario.

It's not like we actually democratically elected the current government... What do you expect, you need to push for electoral reform and stop complaining about effect of it being currently ****ed. Fix it at the source instead of sticking plasters all over the symptoms.

Here:

And this is the alternative system style:

Edited by Husky

Of course we democratically elected them, did you miss the huge vote last year?! :lol:

We had an AV vote. Nobody wanted it. That's proper democracy.

36.9% voted Conservative. Majority rules huh. To clarify, I'm not pro this party that party, I simply would like it to represent the nations interests, not 1/3rd of them.

• Like 1

So in reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_Alternative_Vote_referendum,_2011 it makes you feel sad that due to the pathetic nature of our politics and media, and the lack of enthusiasm from the voting public, nothing will ever change.

If you scroll down to the "Campaign Positions" section, you can see that we dragged our two party system problems right into the referendum for electoral reform, which quite frankly is retarded. It's one of those things I wish they'd just implement and not need to get a vote on (how democratic of me huh /s), the numbers work, it's proven, the end.

Why would anyone go after an elected politician who's repeatedly lied about something and then been exposed as a liar. I think you've misunderstood who the dicks are in that scenario.

Well that's just it, he didn't lie. He didn't have any trusts or shares or off shore accounts.

So the Lefty press kept hounding until they got something. All they got was that he inherited some of his Dads shares and investments.

That doesn't make Cameron a hypocrite or a liar as he got rid of the shares (and paid the tax) and does not have any off shore investments.

It's just a ridiculous witch hunt by the left wing media, some of whom probably do have off shore investments, or have benefited from off shore investments...or their parents have.

Edited by Juggalo
  • Like 2

I've no idea how much money the exchequer looses through tax avoidance and tax evasion but the thing is it's you and I that have to make up the difference. It's like honest people having to pay more for their goods because of shoplifting or paying more for your car insurance because of cash for crash scams. I'm not saying Cameron is a liar but like most politicians he's fairly devious. He also inherited 300k (the maximum tax free allowance) when his father died, no problem with that but when his mother dies he'll inherit part of her fortune, estimated to be 20 Million, I'm sure he'll have his accountants looking for ways to avoid paying tax on it.

Pete

Well that's just it, he didn't lie. He didn't have any trusts or shares or off shore accounts.

Yeah, but he did. His own statements:

5th April - 'To be clear, the prime minister, his wife and their children do not benefit from any offshore funds.

7th April - ‘We owned 5,000 units in Blairmore Investment Trust, which we sold in January 2010. That was worth something like £30,000’

Now some might argue that is not a lie, on semantic grounds, because of the use of the words "do not" rather than "did not". That said, receiving £30,000 in the past yields benefit in the present, so that argument would be fatally flawed. If I gave you £30,000 yesterday, you still benefit from that today.

It's just a ridiculous witch hunt by the left wing media.

It is a witch hunt but equally the right wing media had a witch hunt because Jeremy Corbyn "snubbed" the rugby World Cup opening ceremony :lol: . A consierably more grave and relevant matter for a major political leader..

On a side note, unrelated to the Panama Papers, look at the wording of the phrase "That was worth something like £30,000".

If this doesn't say more about his absolute disconect from, and utter contempt for, the people then I don't know what does.

A piffling £30,000? Why I usually drop that much on new suits each year or stocking the wine cellar. It's only just £4,000 more than the annual benefit cap a family are expected to live on for 12 months.

• Like 1