Nice beading shot today

Stan

So I'll admit, I am quite a novice detailer, but I have built up a bit of a collection over the years. I love spending hours cleaning my cars so they look their best.

I also hate to drive them in the rain as I feel all my hard work has gone to waste! However I had the roadster out today fitting a catch can, and got caught in a downpour. I quickly pulled it back into the garage, but because the rain had already settled I thought I'd grab a shot

kvTkEOGl.jpg

For reference, this is finished with a layer of CG 50/50 (put on 2 weeks ago) and I topped it up with Dodo Blue Velvet on the weekend as I brought a panel pot the other day to try out (suffice to say I didn't really like it, it is the first hard wax I have tried as my collection consists of soft paste waxes), but it seems to give a good finish anyway!

• Like 2

Interesting how we are using the same wax but your beading is larger... maybe the rain is different where you are? Lol

:lol:

You know rain drops vary in size right? :)

Typically anywhere between 0.5mm to 3mm but I believe the average size of a raindrop is 2mm.

Link: https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=rain+droplet+size&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnqdar5_rLAhUGXhoKHSHcAn4QgQMIGzAA

;)