Kids

Flex

Kids my choice or go and speak to past me and shake me!  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is it selfish not to have children?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hypothetically speaking (and the poll is private) would you go back in time and have a little talk with yourself and say 'listen don't splash the baby gravy'
    • Do you feel that all you are now is a glorified child minder?
    • I'm definitely never, ever going to have children, the thought makes my bones shiver.

Gangzoom how am I passing judgement? It's impossible to experience being a parent until you become a parent. Nothing like a moth to a light. Different league altogether. I was 29 when my first was born and in the 29 years before that I had never felt like that

This isn't the same feeling you get when a new electric car is released ;)

You will understand when you become a dad. The feeling you have when you hold your first born in your arms for the first time is a point in your life that you will never ever forget

I'm not passing judgement they were genuine questions to the comments in the first few pages.

Off your high horse mate

Edited by LRF4N

I love cats more than I like most people. I can't see that changing just because said human happens to have the same genes as me.

Well try it and prove yourself right mate, in fact I will buy you your first pack of nappies ;)

• Like 1

I love cats more than I like most people. I can't see that changing just because said human happens to have the same genes as me.

Well try it and prove yourself right mate, in fact I will buy you your first pack of nappies ;)

Wow, that's generous. I don't think he can possibly come up with an excuse for avoiding parenthood now :D

• Like 2

Laptop stopped printing tonight on the wifi for no reason what so ever so after 2 hours of uninstalling and re-installing and turning things on and off still no joy..... i put in a call to my youngest son. A remote connection using Team viewer.... well 40 mins in total and its fixed.

Makes you proud to be a Dad :)

• Like 1

Laptop stopped printing tonight on the wifi for no reason what so ever so after 2 hours of uninstalling and re-installing and turning things on and off still no joy..... i put in a call to my youngest son. A remote connection using Team viewer.... well 40 mins in total and its fixed.

Makes you proud to be a Dad :)

Okay, now you're talking - kids providing some tangible benefit makes the idea of having them seem a bit more sensible :lol:

I believe only beautiful people should be allowed to create offspring!

Controversial! Besides, I'm far more concerned by stupid people having kids than ugly ones.

Actually the world is not grossly overpopulated, I have yet to see any evidence it is? Who said? There is more than enough space to take x10 the amount of people, its just that some decide to live in very clustered parts of the world.

• Like 1

snap....I am just about to go back on my post and correct that quick 'true that' affirmation as I was thinking about it...

I have to agree with you Coldel :blush:

Edited by valy

just imagine if everyone will think like some on here who never want children...human race will be extinct in less then 100 years.... :dots:

Why would that be a bad thing? Does the human race have an intrinsic value above and beyond any other species on the planet and if so why?

• Like 1

Actually the world is not grossly overpopulated, I have yet to see any evidence it is? Who said? There is more than enough space to take x10 the amount of people, its just that some decide to live in very clustered parts of the world.

It's not about space, it's about resources. For example, deforestation doesn't occur so people can live there. And I certainly don't choose to live in a crowded area - it's where I can make money, same as most other people that live in or around London. I'd imagine there's space for far more than 10x the current population, but that's not the point.

• Like 2

just imagine if everyone will think like some on here who never want children...human race will be extinct in less then 100 years.... :dots:

Does the human race have an intrinsic value above and beyond any other species on the planet and if so why?

I am inclined to answer 'yes' because of our intelligence but this is a well known and ongoing debate in philosophy , all life has intrinsic value in that all life serves a function , however, few humans have individual value and their value is delineated by the other lives that they effect...