Paint Protection Films

-G-

Previous owner to the zed had the full car wrapped in a paintshield applied. I asked for a quote to read do it as it's old and chined etc and the quote was 4500 for the whole car !! Bit mad if you ask me

thats someone taking the P - prices Ive seen for roughly doing half the car ie front end and cills etc come to no more than £1000 (usually around the £700-£800 mark though)

Thanks for the recommendation chaps, I can supply this material, ready to apply by a novice...which is what I designed it for. I'm at work at the mo but will gladly answer any questions when I get home! Payco has one of my kits fitted should you want to check it out. I'll try and post a link to my photobucket account where you can see his car!

Not sure what this photo achieves as its hard to see but this is after I applied Steve's stone protection guard. Very easy to fit and has stood up well (no more chips). Can highly recommend this bit of kit.

Don't judge his products by his jokes, the protect is great, the jokes are rubbish.

stoneguard%201_zpszomgb5jx.jpg

Edited by Payco

So basically the kit ive made protects the main areas of the front bumper.

The above photo is for the 2006 onwards and i have also produced a kit for the 2005 shape too.

Ive designed the kit so that it is as easy to apply as possible, in bite size chunks with as few joins as possible. My car is at the sprayers as of Monday 25th so as soon as i get it back ill be applying the kit to my 2005. Im pretty fussy so id not sell anything unless i was happy with it being fitted to my own car.

So you dont need to worry about it not fitting. It fits. As mentioned previously, some companies wrap the whole front end but i appreciate that many of you may not have the budget to get this done, others may think it is too enxpesive and would rather respray every couple of years.

My kit is made of the same material as many of the kits available. Im using Oraguard. I was initially going to use 3m but having used both films ive prefered Oraguard for finish and ease of use and personally think 3m ventureshield is way over priced...like most 3m products.

Im in the wrapping game and design for a living so i'm not new to this material. I've used it for years and it was only when i bought my zed that i realised there could be a market for these kits...and to be honest i fume every time i look at the peppered front of my pride and joy!!

So far the kit i'm selling covers the main bumper areas but im currently designing a protective strip for the bonnet and also the front arches. These will be available as separate kits.

Hope this helps!!

Edited by zippypooz

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, msitpro said:

Ignore this

I re-read thread - irrelevant question

Why is my question irrelevant ?

Thought it's better to bump a thread rather than start another one on the subject , especially as long term view.

Does PPF protect the paintwork after 5 years + of use , or waste of time / cash ? :bangin:

Edited by Slowmo

I'm a Accredited Installer for Modesta and Kamikaze Collection. I work closely with a Xpel Accredited PPF installer. Any questions just ping me a DM. I think most of your questions have already been answered on here but here to help any how. We are based in Cambridgeshire. 20201208_092932.jpg.070157c4f7be1b53b0ebae0963b80924.jpg

WWW.LDLUXURYDETAILING.CO.UK

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Slowmo said:

Why is my question irrelevant ?

Thought it's better to bump a thread rather than start another one on the subject , especially as long term view.

Does PPF protect the paintwork after 5 years + of use , or waste of time / cash ? :bangin:

I don't think it was directed at you. The comment was edited by msitpro so probably something added was irrelevant

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mikey_S said:

Good luck. I switched from fags to a vape around a a year and a half ago. Now I need to ween off the vape :lol::lol:

I done the same , so skipped the vape this time . Been trying for 20 years on / off . God I feel sorry for people who come into contact with me at the moment. People skills 0%- say how it is 100%