nice compliment

garygranite

I was driving through a village recently and two young boys shouted 'awesome car' at me.

Also me in the grey 'zed and my mate in his ginger zed stopped at McDonald's drive through one in front of the other. Two girls walked past and said to each other 'how weird, two cars the same but different colours'!

remember when had my gen 7 celica in pub car park , and two girls about 7 years old ran in saying there is a Ferrari outside !!!

I kept getting that with my Hyundai Coupe F2 Evolution - its was blue as well...actually shouldn't kids think Ferrari-red?

My last car, toyota mr2 roadstee always got compliments, and always the nice porsche..... But then again.... Hahaha

I was never a fan of the Mk3, I always preferred the Mk1 or Mk2 but that's actually quite nice!

Took me 6months of work to get it looking like that,all work done by me aswell which gave me the proud feeling

The body kit fitting, the wrapping etc, always made me smile when looked at it till some **** in a transit drove into the back of me at a red light....

My last car, toyota mr2 roadstee always got compliments, and always the nice porsche..... But then again.... Hahaha

I was never a fan of the Mk3, I always preferred the Mk1 or Mk2 but that's actually quite nice!

Took me 6months of work to get it looking like that,all work done by me aswell which gave me the proud feeling

The body kit fitting, the wrapping etc, always made me smile when looked at it till some **** in a transit drove into the back of me at a red light....

I know that feeling, I had a Mk1 Supercharger tuned to about 190bhp, I loved that car... until my brother rolled it in to a ditch.

I happened to know that modified cars in my area such as Subaru STIs, R34 GTTs, Supra, Civic Type Rs (old daddy). EVOs, all japs cars, their drivers are giving me that kind of attention look... Although their cars has got more powers than mine Z... :wacko::surrender::scare::lol:

My mr2 was a stop gap, firstly to see if i could live with rear wheel drive on a daily basis, 140bhp with no traction control, and under a ton is fun it has to be said, mid engines are very forgiving tho, never spun out :) so learnt alot from that, and secondly to practice modifying, learning to fit bodykits, fibreglassing, filling, spraying, wrapping, always planned on getting the zed, but wanted something cheap to play with, ended up with a stunning little head turner of a car :D

mid engines are very forgiving tho

Erm... It's the second least forgiving layout! :lol: Great cars though, mine's a hoot to drive but then it does have a smidge more power and a bit less weight than a stock one.

I happened to know that modified cars in my area such as Subaru STIs, R34 GTTs, Supra, Civic Type Rs (old daddy). EVOs, all japs cars, their drivers are giving me that kind of attention look... Although their cars has got more powers than mine Z... :wacko::surrender::scare::lol:

Never understood that, my mate had a woman in a 2015 bentley gt white staring at him in his e92 satin black M3, that was basis for a long discussion at how people are never satisfied lol,

tbh most of those people are either fans of the car or know that its got a different style from those other jap cars.

had a few looks on the way back from Essex, had a few girls waving, and some people staring as in what are you doing down here lol or that exhaust is loud isnt it

Had an old American guy say "nice Ferrari" when I was outside polishing my red VX220 once

:lol:

I once had a guy ask me if I'd built my VXR220 myself! :D

Well, to be fair they do look a bit like a kit car :lol:

Pete

• Like 1

mid engines are very forgiving tho

Erm... It's the second least forgiving layout! :lol: Great cars though, mine's a hoot to drive but then it does have a smidge more power and a bit less weight than a stock one.

I can confirm this, managed to spin the MR2 Mk2 Turbo we used on track a couple of times. :thumbs:

Worker at McDonald's drive thru asked me to rev it, then asked if it had a turbo, then told me he got 120 out of a Clio...

When I got to the next window to collect my foot the lads there were like "Rev it again!"

• Like 2